Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Worst Team in the Bigs

Worst Team in the Bigs

PostPost #1 by mushumbadiwadi » August 21st, 2011, 3:43 pm

It is official. Maybe not win % wise, but by the quality of each team, we are the worst.
mushumbadiwadi
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Worst Team in the Bigs

PostPost #2 by OriolesRedskins28 » August 21st, 2011, 6:07 pm

When you have Felix Pie on your roster you're automatically up for consideration.
OriolesRedskins28
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 21st, 2011, 9:16 pm

OriolesRedskins28 wrote:When you have Felix Pie on your roster you're automatically up for consideration.

Going by fWAR, only Adam Dunn has been worse as an overall player this year.

Talent wise, I do not believe the O's are one of the worst in the majors. But they simply cannot even do basic things correctly, and it shows in their record.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #4 by dan72 » August 23rd, 2011, 3:55 pm

I think our pitching could be the worst in MLB. Can't blame Buck for that. Until we address the need for pitching we will continue to be at or near the bottom of the league. We need to come to grips with the fact that we may have to aquire pitching from outside the organization via trade or free agency. I know this goes against the "grow the arms" model but we need to admit that plan isn't working.
Whats really troubling is that our farm system is rated very low on talent, so there isn't anything on the way to help out. That leaves us with trades and free agency. It's a complex list of things we need to change in order to make progress. Its not as simple as a coach here or a player there.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Return to Baltimore Orioles