Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Welcome Bill Pemstein to Orioles Nation

Welcome Bill Pemstein to Orioles Nation

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 15th, 2011, 4:11 pm

I'm pleased to announce that Bill Pemstein will now be writing for Orioles Nation. Here's his bio:

Bill Pemstein was a Washington Senators fan growing up in Falls Church, VA. And then his older brother told him about an improving club in Baltimore. December 9 is almost a religious day in his life. It’s the day in 1965 that Frank Robinson was traded to Baltimore. The next year was a World Series championship and the rest is history. Pemstein worked in the Washington office of the Orioles from 1983-1987. That was before a 22-year career in sportswriting in Midwest. He is the author of “A Stone’s Throw” that details the 1980 season of Cy Young Award winner Steve Stone. Email Bill at bpemstein@orioles-nation.com.

He will be reviewing Orioles history. Here are his first two pieces:

Always an Orioles Fan: http://orioles-nation.com/2011/08/13/al ... ioles-fan/
Pemstein Memories: Part 2: http://orioles-nation.com/2011/08/14/pe ... es-part-2/
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Welcome Bill Pemstein to Orioles Nation

PostPost #2 by Rising O's » August 22nd, 2011, 9:08 pm

Welcome and good luck coming up with those articles. I've been trying to avoid everything Orioles since the draft, maybe reading stories about the old days will do me some good.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

Re: Welcome Bill Pemstein to Orioles Nation

PostPost #3 by rjc3 » August 23rd, 2011, 1:33 pm

Rising O's wrote:Welcome and good luck coming up with those articles. I've been trying to avoid everything Orioles since the draft, maybe reading stories about the old days will do me some good.

I second this. These blasts from the pasts are certainly a nice way to escape the current Orioles team and bring back the memories. But they do make me want winning even more...

Keep these posts rolling...!
rjc3
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Baltimore Orioles