Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

The trash brothers

The trash brothers

PostPost #1 by mthompson » July 31st, 2011, 2:34 pm

We all remember the Oakland A's and the dynamic duo of Mark McGwire and Jose Cancesco. They were know as the bash brothers. Now the orioles have a duo of our own, mark the date July 31st 2011 down in orioles history cause this is the 1st day that Mark Reynolds and Chris Davis are hitting right next to each other. You heard me right thats 400k's per year and a .200 average right next to each in the lineup, good job MCPhail we now have "The Trash Brothers".
mthompson
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 2

Re: The trash brothers

PostPost #2 by Rising O's » July 31st, 2011, 2:46 pm

It would be nice and fair to give the guy the rest of the year in an Orioles uniform before trashing him. :|
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #3 by mthompson » July 31st, 2011, 3:10 pm

enough with the nice and fair!!! another awful year. pitching prospects look awful and the only thing we get in these trades are chris davis tommy hunter and a Class A CI. Im done with McPhail and im done with joe jordon. Why is Guthrie still on the team? Why was vlad not traded? We have been the worst team in the AL for 14 years and countung, yet we have a bottom 5 system in baseball. THAT IS NOT NORMAL!!!
mthompson
DSL Orioles

PostPost #4 by Rising O's » July 31st, 2011, 4:12 pm

Then trash MacPhail or Peter for making Baltimore a loser. Or the players that are just not doing enough. One player comes strongly to mind since he is supposed to be a cornerstone but is more like a mud brick. But none of that has to do with Chris Davis who is new to Baltimore.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #5 by mthompson » July 31st, 2011, 6:27 pm

I have watched enough Chris Davis to at least form an opinion of him being trash. That being said i would love to be proven wrong. Either way he is going to K in at 1/4 of his at bats and we just can not have him and reynolds in the same lineup next season.
mthompson
DSL Orioles

PostPost #6 by ofahn » July 31st, 2011, 8:17 pm

I would agree that Chris Davis is probably not the solution for 1B but let's give him at least 175 ABs through the end of the season and see if he can make the adjustments.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #7 by dan72 » August 1st, 2011, 11:05 pm

I could not agree more. With the exception of Jones and Hardy our line up is a big hot steamy pile of crap, that no other team would want. At the trade deadline we could not get a bag of new baseballs for vlad (our #4 hitter)

I thought Gonzalez and Gregg were the original trash brothers, but you may be on to something......
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #8 by Jordan Tuwiner » August 2nd, 2011, 9:57 pm

Well, they are the bash brothers tonight.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to Baltimore Orioles