Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Derrek Lee may have been dealt

Derrek Lee may have been dealt

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 30th, 2011, 4:50 pm

The O's just posted their lineup for tonight's double header and Derrek Lee is not in it.

May have been dealt.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Derrek Lee may have been dealt

PostPost #2 by ofahn » July 30th, 2011, 5:04 pm

He would be a good option for Pittsburgh. If we threw in some money we should be able to get a real prospect in return.

A trade would be best for all parties at this point because we need to allow Davis to play the last two months to see if he can cut it. I don't want to jinx the kid but I have my doubts.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: Derrek Lee may have been dealt

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 30th, 2011, 5:26 pm

ofahn wrote:He would be a good option for Pittsburgh. If we threw in some money we should be able to get a real prospect in return.

A trade would be best for all parties at this point because we need to allow Davis to play the last two months to see if he can cut it. I don't want to jinx the kid but I have my doubts.

That's a good point. Need to clear Lee so we can see Davis for the rest of the year. Not sure how much we'd get for Lee.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to Baltimore Orioles