Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles could feasibly finish with <100 losses

Orioles could feasibly finish with <100 losses

PostPost #1 by 2131andBeyond » September 6th, 2010, 11:31 pm

At this point, after yesterday's win over the Yankees in a tough game played in New York, the Orioles could avoid the 100 loss mark at this point with an 11-13 record for the rest of the season.

Even with the extremely rough schedule, that number is extremely surprising to hear. Two months ago (or more, for some), most people would have called me crazy for thinking the O's could finish with less than 100 losses. Though with Trembley or Samuel that didn't seem possible, Buck has shown to us that so far, we can mildly compete with the best at this point. Though a lot of work still needs to put in this off season, I think the O's could do it. We have won 3 of the last 4 (against the Yankees/Rays, even), and are on pace with Buck to continue the winning trend.

Remember, we also have 7 games against the Tigers this month, so it's not ALL AL East.

Key Question: Can the O's finish with less than 100 losses, therefore going 11-13 or better in September/October?
2131andBeyond
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Orioles could feasibly finish with <100 losses

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » September 7th, 2010, 7:33 pm

I haven't look at the schedule, but if they keep pitching like they are I have no doubts they will finish with less than 100 losses.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #3 by 2131andBeyond » September 7th, 2010, 7:51 pm

Jordan wrote:I haven't look at the schedule, but if they keep pitching like they are I have no doubts they will finish with less than 100 losses.

The schedule?

Here it is (Team, number of games in series):

@Yankees, 2 (including tonight)
@Tigers, 3
Vs. Blue Jays, 3
Vs. Yankees, 3
@Red Sox, 3
@Blue Jays, 3
@Rays, 3
Vs. Tigers, 4
2131andBeyond
DSL Orioles

PostPost #4 by 2131andBeyond » September 13th, 2010, 11:19 pm

UPDATED:

After a big extra innings win tonight back in Baltimore over the Jays, here are some updated stats regarding our record:

Orioles are now 11-2 in series openers under Buck.

The Birds need to finish 7-11 or better to avoid 100 losses this year, which includes the final 4 game set at home against the Tigers.

They also need to finish 9-9 or better in order to beat their record out from last year, a feat that up until the Buck era would have been laughed at by any proposing the idea.

Breakdown of remaining 18 games:

2 vs. Blue Jays
Off day
3 vs. Yankees
3 @ Red Sox
Off day
3 @ Blue Jays
3 @ Rays
4 vs. Tigers
2131andBeyond
DSL Orioles

PostPost #5 by DougDE » September 14th, 2010, 1:06 am

Thats a tough closing schedule. Id be thrilled with the 9-9, hard to expect more then that with that schedule. It seems ya never know with them now tho, hard to count them out
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #6 by Jordan Tuwiner » September 14th, 2010, 6:13 pm

Tough games are going to be on the road. 9-9 seems reasonable.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to Baltimore Orioles