Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Patrick Johnson

Patrick Johnson

PostPost #1 by Zach » June 7th, 2011, 5:48 pm

As a lifelong orioles fan who now attends UNC I was wondering what you guys think about Patrick Johnson. I have gotten to watch him a couple of times and he has been dominant. He hasn't gotten the acclaim of many of the recent aces coming out of chapel hill, but his stuff i impressive. In a dominant ACC he has the 6th best era of any starter and better than Jed Bradley (2.36) and has 113 SO to 29 walks. His 12-1 record speaks for itself as he normally faced the ace of the opposing squad. Do you know if the Orioles have any interest in him for later rounds and how he would project? Thanks
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: Patrick Johnson

PostPost #2 by Zach » June 7th, 2011, 5:56 pm

nevermind as he just got picked up by the rockies. Solid pick for them in my opinion. Also, i would like to introduce myself. I am a student at UNC who is originally from the DC area and went to my first orioles game when i was 4. Loved baseball and loved the orioles. It has been hard (losing seasons for over half my lifetime), but can't stop following them. Been going to this site for about a year now and it by far provides the most in depth coverage. The posters here really know what they are talking about and the staff knows that much more. Thank you guys for all you do and GO O's!
Zach
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: Patrick Johnson

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » June 7th, 2011, 11:39 pm

Zach wrote:nevermind as he just got picked up by the rockies. Solid pick for them in my opinion. Also, i would like to introduce myself. I am a student at UNC who is originally from the DC area and went to my first orioles game when i was 4. Loved baseball and loved the orioles. It has been hard (losing seasons for over half my lifetime), but can't stop following them. Been going to this site for about a year now and it by far provides the most in depth coverage. The posters here really know what they are talking about and the staff knows that much more. Thank you guys for all you do and GO O's!

Thanks for joining us and for the kind words!
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to MLB Draft