Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Suk-Min Yoon And O's Reach Agreement (Pending Physical!)

Re: Suk-Min Yoon And O's Reach Agreement (Pending Physical!)

PostPost #16 by osforlife » April 27th, 2014, 8:28 am

It's apparent that Bud Norris deserved to win the 5th spot. Yoon has been pretty awful for the Tides in four starts, but each appearance he has shown statistically progress. As long as he stays healthy and continues to build up his arm strength, we should start to see results IMO. Orioles fans will see him this year. I'm assuming his next start will be tomorrow.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #17 by Old Sneakers » April 28th, 2014, 4:43 am

osforlife wrote:It's apparent that Bud Norris deserved to win the 5th spot. Yoon has been pretty awful for the Tides in four starts, but each appearance he has shown statistically progress. As long as he stays healthy and continues to build up his arm strength, we should start to see results IMO. Orioles fans will see him this year. I'm assuming his next start will be tomorrow.

Kind of difficult to disagree with this statement. I agree that Yoon being the fifth starter would not have been the way to go and as far as fifth starters go, Norris has not been as bad as some were certain he would be. Yoon did not get mega money because he wasn't worthy of it. That said he becomes a quality fifth starter this year or next then the Orioles made a fine signing.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 33

PostPost #18 by mikezpen » April 30th, 2014, 9:36 pm

He's getting better; went 5 scoreless innings the other nite, allowing only 2 hits.
mikezpen
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #19 by osforlife » May 9th, 2014, 5:49 pm

Yoon took a disappointing step back today, giving up eight runs over three innings.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #20 by osforlife » June 24th, 2014, 9:43 am

Yoon's future as a starter doesn't look too promising. He still has an ugly 5.76 ERA at Norfolk, and just hit the DL with a shoulder strain. Starting in 2015, I'd advocate transitioning him full time to relief. But, let's see how he does the rest of the season. At least he throws strikes.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #21 by osforlife » June 24th, 2014, 9:43 am

Yoon's future as a starter doesn't look too promising. He still has an ugly 5.76 ERA at Norfolk, and just hit the DL with a shoulder strain. Starting in 2015, I'd advocate transitioning him full time to relief. But, let's see how he does the rest of the season. At least he throws strikes.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #22 by osforlife » June 24th, 2014, 9:43 am

osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #23 by osforlife » July 20th, 2014, 4:36 pm

Yoon returned from the disabled list yesterday, throwing 3.1 scoreless innings. His state line of the season so far is a 78.1 innings, 5.51 ERA, 4.92 FIP, 1.44 WHIP, 6.2 K/9, 1.84 BB/9, 3.38 K/BB, .329 BABIP. Let's see how he finishes up July and pitches in August.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles