Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Anthony Rendon Scouting Report

Anthony Rendon Scouting Report

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » May 11th, 2011, 9:00 pm

http://orioles-nation.com/?p=9811

By: Don Olsen

In 2010, Rendon would have been the first choice for many teams and could have made Mike Rizzo sleepless between selecting him over Bryce Harper. This is a report based off his 2t010 season and is what most scouts should use if they feel the ankle and shoulder are non-issues long term. I think he has rushed coming back from his ankle injury in the USA trails in order to keep him sitting atop many of the draft boards. I do not see why he will not revert to the form from last year and thus why I am basing my report on last season.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Anthony Rendon Scouting Report

PostPost #2 by Don » May 11th, 2011, 9:26 pm

I just want to make a point about why I choose to see the best out of him from 2010. I have watched too many teams look at recent games without focusing on the entire body of work and it burns them in the long run. This kid had "it" from the start with freshman of the year and a College All-American. Even with bum injuries and dead aluminum bats, he is still hitting .330 this season with a nice number of extra base hits. If the three teams ahead allow Rendon to fall into the Orioles laps, he will be the steal of this draft for Joe Jordan.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by DougDE » May 12th, 2011, 5:04 am

This is the only position player I would like to see the O's take. If he doesnt fall to them, I want them to grab one of the elite arms that will be available. But this guy sounds like the real deal and I dont think Bell or Reynolds will be around in 3 years
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #4 by Don » May 12th, 2011, 10:20 am

Please do not sell Bubba Starling too short. I will be writing my extensive report on him very shortly. He is a solid prospect that really reminds me of Josh Hamilton with the bat and glove. I think his defense is a bit better than Hamilton at the same age. He might not draw the same power as say Bryce Harper, but he could easily be a dual threat at the plate.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to MLB Draft