Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

A Big Thank You!

A Big Thank You!

PostPost #1 by Tucker Blair » March 25th, 2014, 5:51 pm

I want to thank Ofahn (Eric) for helping me with the Player Profiles. As many of you know, each one needs to be updated individually, and Eric was kind enough to put together a spreadsheet to ease this process. With over 200+ players within the organization, and an ever-revolving door or cuts and signings...it can be a pain in the butt at times.

So thank you, Eric!
I owe you, sometime during the season. Let me know if you need tickets or something like that!
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Re: A Big Thank You!

PostPost #2 by thezeroes » March 26th, 2014, 8:44 am

For Ofahn and for yourself I thank you for those updates. I know that plenty of movement occurs throughout the Minors on a daily basis as does the movement within the Forty Man Orioles Roster. Trying to sort all of those things out is/will be a nightmare until the rosters for the Orioles and all the affiliates get set. Even with those rosters set the remaining players that are in extended Spring Training can be quite extensive.

Trying to just establish players with options and without options on the Forty can be labor intensive. None of the baseball periodicals/sites keep those numbers at hand. Some of the other movements by Major League Ball Clubs cause players to also have the ability to become Free Agents when Designated For Assignment because they had cleared waivers on a previous "Designation" and if "Designated" again and clear have the "Option" to become free agents. Those are the hardest players to cut and also the hardest movement related roster management tool to find.

Thank You for your diligence and keep up the good work.
thezeroes
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 38

Re: A Big Thank You!

PostPost #3 by Tucker Blair » March 27th, 2014, 7:54 am

Appreciate the kind words.

If anyone ever sees anything that is either outdated or an error on a player page, please do not hesitate to let me know. I try my hardest to keep up with it, but I damn sure know there are plenty of pages that I either 1) forget about 2) forget to fix 3) just do not even see.

I am in the process of finding a better way of showing "former players", because right now the tag for it is essentially hidden on each player page.
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Return to Baltimore Orioles