Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

System Depth Chart - April 26, 2011

System Depth Chart - April 26, 2011

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 26th, 2011, 4:08 pm

http://orioles-nation.com/?p=9757

This depth chart is based on prospect rankings and not how advanced a prospect is or at what level they play.

Use this thread to discuss.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: System Depth Chart - April 26, 2011

PostPost #2 by Shorebirdfan » April 26th, 2011, 5:35 pm

I still struggle with the idea of Ohlman being rated higher than Dalles. I've watched both several times this season, and although Ohlman looks better AT the plate, his struggles behind the plate are too much to overcome.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 26th, 2011, 8:28 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:I still struggle with the idea of Ohlman being rated higher than Dalles. I've watched both several times this season, and although Ohlman looks better AT the plate, his struggles behind the plate are too much to overcome.

I do agree that Ohlman's defense has a long way to go, but Dalles is never going to hit enough to become a starter. Ohlman could get his defense and offense to a level where he's a capable starter. But Dalles' ceiling is a backup catcher.

I don't mean that as a knock on Dalles because he's one of the better defensive catchers I've seen in the minors.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by oriolesfaninnc » April 26th, 2011, 8:56 pm

What ever happened to the third baseman from Curacao?
oriolesfaninnc
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #5 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 26th, 2011, 9:24 pm

oriolesfaninnc wrote:What ever happened to the third baseman from Curacao?

Dudley Leonora? He's still in extended spring training and will probably open up with Aberdeen.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #6 by Shorebirdfan » April 26th, 2011, 10:40 pm

How about Randy Henry? As I recall they held him back in FL, wanting to wait until the weather was warmer. Any idea of a timeframe and location?
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

PostPost #7 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 26th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:How about Randy Henry? As I recall they held him back in FL, wanting to wait until the weather was warmer. Any idea of a timeframe and location?

He's still in extended spring training but he'll be with either Delmarva or Frederick within the next week (most likely). He's been sharp all EST with an 92-95 mph fastball and some dominant outings.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #8 by oriolesfaninnc » April 27th, 2011, 6:30 am

Alright thanks
oriolesfaninnc
DSL Orioles

PostPost #9 by kbucky » April 27th, 2011, 10:21 am

Any idea on if any other pitchers being held in Extended Spring Training due to weather will be sent up? If so do you know who and when?
kbucky
DSL Orioles

PostPost #10 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 27th, 2011, 12:55 pm

kbucky wrote:Any idea on if any other pitchers being held in Extended Spring Training due to weather will be sent up? If so do you know who and when?

Henry's a special case because he's had a series of arm/elbow injuries in the past, so they want to take extra precautions with him.

Two more guys that could leave extended ST early are Matt Bywater and Parker Bridwell, but that's just pure speculation and has nothing to do with anything I've heard. Sometimes teams are a bit more careful with draftees from the most recent draft. Even Jameson Taillon, who is a heck of a talent and the #2 overall selection in the 2010 draft, was held in extended spring training and is making his first start tonight.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #11 by Jordan Tuwiner » May 7th, 2011, 11:57 am

oriolesfaninnc wrote:What ever happened to the third baseman from Curacao?

Leonora has just been promoted to Delmarva.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #12 by Shorebirdfan » May 7th, 2011, 1:18 pm

Jordan wrote: Leonora has just been promoted to Delmarva.

I'm actually more surprised at the promotion of Hornback to Delmarva with Pope going on the DL. The plate is crowded with Dalles and Ohlman splitting time. Obviously Pope's absence allows another bat in the lineup at DH. But I would think they would want to continue to get these kids reps catching.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

PostPost #13 by Jordan Tuwiner » May 8th, 2011, 4:36 pm

Jordan wrote:
Shorebirdfan wrote:How about Randy Henry? As I recall they held him back in FL, wanting to wait until the weather was warmer. Any idea of a timeframe and location?

He's still in extended spring training but he'll be with either Delmarva or Frederick within the next week (most likely). He's been sharp all EST with an 92-95 mph fastball and some dominant outings.

Quick update here: Henry touched 97 mph in his last outing and I believe will be with a team this week.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #14 by Don » May 8th, 2011, 5:39 pm

Glad to see him improve, but this season is about staying healthy and results should not matter to him, the club, and the fans. This season is simply about building back the foundation that got him to the point of being one of the better right handers in the system.

I would like to see him in Frederick and maybe Bowie out of the bullpen and go from that point forward. It would be nice to see him and Dan Klein out of the pen for the Bowie. It would allow them to talk and maybe rub off one another, but he should at least be with Frederick and still out of the pen for his own safety. Baby steps indeed...
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to Minor Leagues