Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Prospect Watch

Prospect Watch

PostPost #1 by Tucker Blair » January 28th, 2014, 7:10 am

Throughout the season, Orioles Nation will highlight prospects as we see them play or are given reports by Scouts and people within the baseball industry. Our staff will have eyes on the Orioles’ prospects at all times, and you can find the latest updates for them in the Prospect Watch.


Prospect Watch: Parker Bridwell http://bit.ly/MoZOYT

Hoping that Parker can prove his doubters wrong in 2014.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: Prospect Watch: Parker Bridwell

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » January 28th, 2014, 8:50 am

I want to add on RE the Bowie thing:

I do not necessarily think anyone believes he will really be at Bowie to start the year, but that his command has improved dramatically that he could be pushed to that level competition. I think it would go against everything they have currently done to push him there at the beginning of this year.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: Prospect Watch: Parker Bridwell

PostPost #3 by ofahn » January 28th, 2014, 10:04 am

TuckerBlair89 wrote:I want to add on RE the Bowie thing:

I do not necessarily think anyone believes he will really be at Bowie to start the year, but that his command has improved dramatically that he could be pushed to that level competition. I think it would go against everything they have currently done to push him there at the beginning of this year.

IMO Bridwell is one of those guys that will move quickly once he figures things out. The talent has always been there. It's his head that has gotten in his way.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4400
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Prospect Watch: Hector Veloz

PostPost #4 by Tucker Blair » January 31st, 2014, 8:09 am

User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Prospect Watch: Mike Wright

PostPost #5 by Tucker Blair » February 4th, 2014, 8:12 am

User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Prospect Watch: Mike Yastrzemski

PostPost #6 by Tucker Blair » February 6th, 2014, 8:50 am

User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: Prospect Watch

PostPost #7 by DougDE » February 10th, 2014, 3:21 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:Prospect Watch: Hector Veloz http://bit.ly/1ed2p3J

I saw the HR that hit the scoreboard in left center. It didn't just tick off the bottom, it was just a couple feet from going over. He hit 2 in that game, the other was half way up the shed roof that sits in RF. It was impressive. I usually go to 3 or 4 minor league games a year. This was the 2nd time I remember seeing 2 hrs in same game. The other was Wieters at Bowie
DougDE
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 376
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 5

Re: Prospect Watch

PostPost #8 by Tucker Blair » February 10th, 2014, 4:18 pm

DougDE wrote:I saw the HR that hit the scoreboard in left center. It didn't just tick off the bottom, it was just a couple feet from going over. He hit 2 in that game, the other was half way up the shed roof that sits in RF. It was impressive. I usually go to 3 or 4 minor league games a year. This was the 2nd time I remember seeing 2 hrs in same game. The other was Wieters at Bowie


Awesome stuff. Apparently everyone was at this game except me!
Although, I have seen him in BP and a few HR in games as well.
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Re: Prospect Watch

PostPost #9 by DougDE » February 10th, 2014, 5:05 pm

TuckerBlair89 wrote:Awesome stuff. Apparently everyone was at this game except me!
Although, I have seen him in BP and a few HR in games as well.

I think it was the 4th of July game. I see I put RF for the 2nd HR but obviously the shed is in left. This made me think of the crab pretzel I had at that game...so delicious. They sell it where they sell crabs down the RF line. I highly recommend trying it. I'm hungry now...
DougDE
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 376
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 5

Re: Prospect Watch

PostPost #10 by Tucker Blair » February 10th, 2014, 8:00 pm

DougDE wrote:I think it was the 4th of July game. I see I put RF for the 2nd HR but obviously the shed is in left. This made me think of the crab pretzel I had at that game...so delicious. They sell it where they sell crabs down the RF line. I highly recommend trying it. I'm hungry now...


Oh man, I absolutely love that thing. Aberdeen kicks some but when it comes to minor league stadiums. Not many around with a thing going on like them
User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Prospect Watch: Jonathan Schoop

PostPost #11 by Tucker Blair » February 11th, 2014, 8:00 am

User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Prospect Watch: Lex Rutledge

PostPost #12 by Tucker Blair » February 12th, 2014, 8:47 am

User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Prospect Watch: Clayton Schrader

PostPost #13 by Tucker Blair » February 18th, 2014, 8:38 am

User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Prospect Watch: Jonah Heim

PostPost #14 by Tucker Blair » February 19th, 2014, 7:09 am

User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45

Prospect Watch: Conor Bierfeldt

PostPost #15 by Tucker Blair » February 25th, 2014, 9:00 am

User avatar
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: October 2011
Location: Elkridge, MD
Reputation Score: 45


Next

Return to Minor Leagues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron