Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

is it morally wrong...

is it morally wrong...

PostPost #1 by docjj » January 22nd, 2014, 4:59 pm

...to hope Tanaka shreds his Labrum to itty bitty pieces?

I generally don't wish ill on people. But if this happens, Tanaka will still get his $165 million, even if he never throws another pitch. So he comes out a winner. The Yankees will have hamstrung themselves with his contract for years to come. So everyone else is a winner.
docjj
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: is it morally wrong...

PostPost #2 by AlexConway » January 22nd, 2014, 5:25 pm

docjj wrote:...to hope Tanaka shreds his Labrum to itty bitty pieces?

I generally don't wish ill on people. But if this happens, Tanaka will still get his $165 million, even if he never throws another pitch. So he comes out a winner. The Yankees will have hamstrung themselves with his contract for years to come. So everyone else is a winner.

In most cases, yes. However, if it involves a Yankee, exceptions can be made...
Follow me on twitter @AlexConwayON
AlexConway
Orioles Nation Staff

Reputation Score: 6

PostPost #3 by thezeroes » January 22nd, 2014, 5:54 pm

docjj wrote:...to hope Tanaka shreds his Labrum to itty bitty pieces?

I have an issue with wishing "Injury" to anyone especially if they have not personally done anything to me or mine. I would like to see him have an issue with pitching in the American League East as far as performance and get the boo birds out in Yankee Stadium. Welcome to America.

To have the Yankees once again pay that type of money for a pitcher that they will need to eat contract to trade does my heart good. (A J Burnett)
thezeroes
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 38

PostPost #4 by Old Sneakers » January 23rd, 2014, 10:27 am

Hehe... I posted something very similar regarding Labrum surgery on the MASN feed on facebook. Truth is "No" it absolutely ok hope for injury.

Doesn't have to be Labrum surgery either. He could end up having a complete loss of command and walk two batters an inning. That might be even better.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

PostPost #5 by ofahn » January 23rd, 2014, 1:53 pm

I have to admit that I was thinking about (hoping for) a serious injury for him when I first heard how much the Yankees paid him, too; but then I started hoping he might become the next Hideki Irabu. Baseball NEEDS more fat toads in NY.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Return to Baltimore Orioles