Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

A Few Thoughts

A Few Thoughts

PostPost #1 by osforlife » December 22nd, 2013, 12:10 pm

Are there any ways to keep me logged in for an extended period of time? The website must log me out when I don't stay active on the forums. I just wrote a very long piece on available left handed hitters that took me about three hours to write and research. I pressed "Submit" and orioles-nation took me to a page where it said I must be logged in to post on the forums even though I never logged out. This has happened before where I lost material and hours of work.

Also, many times I will click on a page and it won't send the data. I have to refresh the page a dozen times to finally see the material. This only happens on orioles-nation.

Thirdly, even when a page does load it's very slow. Other websites are much faster. It's gotten better since about three months ago, but still not ordinary.

I don't want to make it seem like I'm complaining. I love orioles-nation and all the intellect it brings me on orioles/minor league information. Just a little constructive criticism.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Re: A Few Thoughts

PostPost #2 by Tucker Blair » December 23rd, 2013, 10:02 am

Thanks for letting me know!
I have been working on making the site faster for a while now, but I will admit I have a ways to go.

On the first issue, I think I can change the log-in time, although I will have to look into it.
Second and Third issue - I have certainly noted both of these and like I said, working on fixing them. I have just been trying to get everything up to speed for the beginning of the season.

I reached out to Jordan for a little help as well.

Seriously, I appreciate the feedback though. Definitely don't mind it at all!
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

PostPost #3 by osforlife » January 22nd, 2014, 9:21 am

Orioles-Nation was working great for awhile. It was much faster and never had problems loading the pages. Then, starting about a week ago, it went back to the same old problems. Everything on Orioles-Nation loads, except for specific topics on the forums. I think it is most prevalent in the Baltimore Orioles section. I haven't been able to read the new comments for about a week, and it stinks. I've tried Internet Explorer and Google Chrome; both say the server sent no data. Maybe it's just my computer. Does anybody else have this problem?
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #4 by Tucker Blair » January 22nd, 2014, 10:06 am

osforlife wrote:Orioles-Nation was working great for awhile. It was much faster and never had problems loading the pages. Then, starting about a week ago, it went back to the same old problems. Everything on Orioles-Nation loads, except for specific topics on the forums. I think it is most prevalent in the Baltimore Orioles section. I haven't been able to read the new comments for about a week, and it stinks. I've tried Internet Explorer and Google Chrome; both say the server sent no data. Maybe it's just my computer. Does anybody else have this problem?

Looking into it. The forums and website are technically two different things. We have mostly been working on the site first, and will shift to the forum now (with the help of Jordan).

I'll be honest, I have not been experiencing any issues, but I have noticed a few glitches here and there. My goal is to just get everything working smoothly by the time the season starts. Hopefully sooner.

Thanks for the input!
Tucker Blair
Orioles Nation Staff
Executive Editor

Reputation Score: 45

Return to Support, Feedback, & Information