dan72 wrote:The price for Cruz is going to be to high for king Peter..... the only pitcherss we are linked to are all rejects. Guys that have a track record of injuries..... not at all what I was expecting this off season. Maybe I should buy Nats season tickets and not renew my Orioles plan? Tired of this teams cheap approach
I'm not an advocate of signing Nelson Cruz.
1. Cruz would require Baltimore to give up a draft pick
2. Cruz is 33, and would likely sign a contract at least through his age 35 season.
3. Cruz is coming off of an PED suspension
4. Cruz is an awful defender; He should really be a DH
5. Cruz has only played more than 130 games in a season once