Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

hudson rumours

hudson rumours

PostPost #1 by jonas winslo » December 6th, 2013, 10:49 am

The O's were "intrigued" by right-handed starter Tim Hudson and discussed him internally. I'm not sure they ever made him an offer, though, and he ended up signing on with the San Fransisco Giants for two years.

Hudson would have fit into the O's rotation perfectly, right behind Chris Tillman. Hudson is a veteran who knows how to pitch with great career numbers and postseason experience. The Giants are getting a good pitcher.

Now that the O's don't have a chance to go hard after Hudson, they could turn their attention to any one of three other free-agent arms to help fill out their rotation.
jonas winslo
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: hudson rumours

PostPost #2 by Seafordeagles » December 6th, 2013, 12:33 pm

jonas winslo wrote:Now that the O's don't have a chance to go hard after Hudson, they could turn their attention to any one of three other free-agent arms to help fill out their rotation.

Can you say who the other three free-agent arms are? You can cross Feldman off the list, he signed with the Astros.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

Re: hudson rumours

PostPost #3 by ofahn » December 16th, 2013, 8:32 pm

jonas winslo wrote:The O's were "intrigued" by right-handed starter Tim Hudson and discussed him internally.

I would have offered him the same contract, but I don't think we were his first choice.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Return to Baltimore Orioles