Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Hardy, Jones, and Machado Win Gold Gloves

Hardy, Jones, and Machado Win Gold Gloves

PostPost #1 by ofahn » October 29th, 2013, 10:15 pm

This will be Machado's first and the Orioles' first GG at 3B since Brooks in 1975. IMO it was well deserved.

Hardy was also a reasonable choice, but I was surprised by Jones' selection. He has moments of brilliance, but he was too inconsistent this year. He wants to be a team leader so he should play to set an example. He doesn't always do that.

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roc ... glove.html
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: Hardy, Jones, and Machado Win Gold Gloves

PostPost #2 by Old Sneakers » October 29th, 2013, 10:44 pm

I'm with you on thinking Jones got a tad lucky on the selection. He seems to have "Zombie Moments" when he shouldn't but does seem to make some plays you'd forgive if he didn't.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

Re: Hardy, Jones, and Machado Win Gold Gloves

PostPost #3 by AlexConway » October 30th, 2013, 8:22 am

Totally, agree, Machado deserved it, Hardy is a reasonable choice, but Jones doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Either way, their silly awards and its still pretty cool to see the Orioles get some recognition.
Follow me on twitter @AlexConwayON
AlexConway
Orioles Nation Staff

Reputation Score: 6

Return to Baltimore Orioles