Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Danny Hultzen Scouting Report

Danny Hultzen Scouting Report

PostPost #1 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 23rd, 2011, 12:41 pm

http://orioles-nation.com/2011/04/23/da ... ng-report/

By: Don Olsen

If he's available at #4, Danny Hultzen is a very intriguing option for the Orioles come draft day. He's a left handed pitcher from Virginia with a good head on his shoulders (Academic All-America), which gives him a solid presence on the mound. You can see that in his ability to “pitch” which is one of his great assets. He is one of the better college arms this season and has greatly improved his stock from the times I have seen him throw since high school. An aggressive pitched, Hultzen attacks the strike zone on both right handed and left handed batters.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Re: Danny Hultzen Scouting Report

PostPost #2 by Don » April 24th, 2011, 11:52 am

I have seen him in person and on numerous occasions on tape. He is a very solid pitcher and I would not turn away the chance to select him or say to the organization that you made a mistake. I do not know how much more he can improve, but I think he is hungry from my observations. It is why I think he will be on the higher end of my thoughts rather than the lower end.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by BuckMagic » April 27th, 2011, 9:16 pm

Don wrote:I have seen him in person and on numerous occasions on tape. He is a very solid pitcher and I would not turn away the chance to select him or say to the organization that you made a mistake. I do not know how much more he can improve, but I think he is hungry from my observations. It is why I think he will be on the higher end of my thoughts rather than the lower end.

Any chance the velo increases even a bit more?
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #4 by Don » April 27th, 2011, 9:28 pm

I would not have thought the jump from last season to this season, so it is not out of the question. I would take the bet that he has reached his ceiling, but it is still an impressive one.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

Return to MLB Draft