Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Tigers want Hardy, but O's unlikely to deal him

Re: Tigers want Hardy, but O's unlikely to deal him

PostPost #151 by mikezpen » October 3rd, 2013, 3:08 pm

I thought the deals the O's made this summer were good ones; they just didn't work out. The prospects they traded just weren't that much.
mikezpen
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #152 by ofahn » October 5th, 2013, 11:01 am

mikezpen wrote:I thought the deals the O's made this summer were good ones; they just didn't work out. The prospects they traded just weren't that much.

Looking at each trade I thought that only the Rodriguez deal was poor judgement; however, as a group I thought they were ALL poor judgment.

I have been posting all summer that this wasn't the team to invest in. Many of you disagreed and those sentiments were probably coming from your heart and not your head. IMO the FO was told by ownership to make moves that would sell tickets NOW in lieu of building a future winner.

I believe that we'll seriously regret giving up Hoes, Hader, and the first round draft pick for Norris. Hoes might have been our LF next year and we really needed the draft choice to help rebuild the farm system. I believe that Hader will make it to the majors. All of that for the type of pitcher we could have signed this off season for about the same money.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #153 by mikezpen » October 6th, 2013, 8:27 am

Tillman may be ready to break through to a higher level.
mikezpen
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #154 by ofahn » October 6th, 2013, 10:35 am

mikezpen wrote:Tillman may be ready to break through to a higher level.

If he could figure out how to get through an inning in fifteen pitches or less he could pitch five or six complete games a year. Until he figures it out he's a very #SP hoping to be a solid #2.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #155 by osforlife » October 6th, 2013, 1:08 pm

ofahn wrote:If he could figure out how to get through an inning in fifteen pitches or less he could pitch five or six complete games a year. Until he figures it out he's a very #SP hoping to be a solid #2.

Chris Tillman threw 206 innings as a 25 year old. There are only three pitchers in baseball that are younger than Tillman and threw more innings than him in 2013; Mat Latos, Patrick Corbin, and Chris Sale. What more do you want from him? Tillman has a 2.83 BB/9 ever since Rick Petersen cleaned him up. Tillman is not an ace, and probably will never be, but it's not pitch accuracy/control that is hindering him from becoming one.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles