Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

10 games in and No One has done anything.

10 games in and No One has done anything.

PostPost #1 by docjj » April 14th, 2011, 9:46 pm

Yes, the season just started. But for once, just once, I'd like to see some of our "prospects" start out hot and stay hot for the year.

Not happening.

Givens, Schoop, Hoes, Avery, Bell, Rowell, etc.... a whole lot of nothing.

Yuck.

Anytime one of these guys decides to start hitting will be fine by me....
docjj
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 3

Re: 10 games in and No One has done anything.

PostPost #2 by Don » April 14th, 2011, 10:03 pm

10 games in is not even 10% of the overall season. Things need to brew before you can think one way or another. I tend to wait it out until the temperatures start to rise before I make one negative reaction. This is basically three series and alot more are on the horizon...
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #3 by A_K » April 15th, 2011, 10:58 am

"I understand that the season just started..." is the baseball fan's equivalent of "I'm not a racist, but..."
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #4 by Shorebirdfan » April 15th, 2011, 6:25 pm

First, it hasn't even been 10 games. Delmarva and Norfolk have played 8, Bowie has played 7 and Frederick just 5. Additionally, several players are off to outstanding starts. Kipp Schutz is hitting .481. Machado, who got his first night off last night is hitting .333. Nine of the 13 pitchers on Bowie's roster have given up one earned run or less. Tyler Townsend has driven in 5 runs in 5 games and Dan Klein has a 6:1 K:BB ratio. Lastly Jason Gurka has struck out 13 in just 5.1 innings.

Get off the couch, stop reading the box scores and go watch a game.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

Return to Minor Leagues