Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Delmonico to 3rd...Esposito to 1st

Re: Delmonico to 3rd...Esposito to 1st

PostPost #16 by osforlife » July 28th, 2013, 3:50 pm

Jason Esposito, the Orioles second round pick last year, has actually shown significant improvement in his all around game. For some reason, he was bumped up to Frederick after a horrid rookie campaign in Delmarva. Even so, his play has been bad, but still much sharper. His OPS, his fielding percentage, and his stolen base percentage have all risen.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #17 by ofahn » July 28th, 2013, 3:59 pm

osforlife wrote:Jason Esposito, the Orioles second round pick last year, has actually shown significant improvement in his all around game. For some reason, he was bumped up to Frederick after a horrid rookie campaign in Delmarva. Even so, his play has been bad, but still much sharper. His OPS, his fielding percentage, and his stolen base percentage have all risen.

Well, they've tried just about everything else with him including showing him the stick, they might as well show him the carrot. All he has to do is look at his driver's license to see how old he is and realize that if he wants a ML career he better get serious about playing baseball.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #18 by Old Sneakers » July 30th, 2013, 5:52 am

I'm content to say "Let the prospect show me something" before condemning any of them. I do know some players take a great deal of time before putting it all together. Parker Bridwell has had a huge amount of time in the SAL so I so no reason to focus on Esposito.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues