Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles Designate Chris Dickerson For Assignment

Orioles Designate Chris Dickerson For Assignment

PostPost #1 by ofahn » July 19th, 2013, 3:42 pm

By Steve Adams [July 19, 2013 at 3:33pm CST]

The Orioles have designated Chris Dickerson for assignment, the team announced on Twitter. The move will clear a spot on the 40-man roster for Henry Urrutia, who will be promoted to the Majors to start the season's second half.

I was surprised by this move. I thought that they would put Steve Johnson on the 60 Day DL. IMO this might mean we see L J Hoes in the near future. Particularly, if we put Reimold on the DL or DFA him.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: Orioles Designate Chris Dickerson For Assignment

PostPost #2 by Seafordeagles » July 19th, 2013, 5:33 pm

This from Roch:

I'm told that Nolan Reimold, placed on the disabled list today with nerve inflammation in his cervical spine, is seeking another opinion before agreeing to undergo surgery.
Reimold is in the process of arranging another MRI on his neck.
I've also been told that surgery appears to be "inevitable," but it may not happen on Tuesday. It depends on what Reimold is told during his next examination.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #3 by Dons0's » July 19th, 2013, 5:41 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:This from Roch:

I'm told that Nolan Reimold, placed on the disabled list today with nerve inflammation in his cervical spine, is seeking another opinion before agreeing to undergo surgery.
Reimold is in the process of arranging another MRI on his neck.
I've also been told that surgery appears to be "inevitable," but it may not happen on Tuesday. It depends on what Reimold is told during his next examination.

Reimold has took his last swing as an Oriole. If that is the case we will probably see Hoes soon also in the lineup. Once and awhile.
Dons0's
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #4 by A_K » July 19th, 2013, 5:54 pm

The day last year when he hurt his neck and said he'd keep playing despite a constant tingling in his arm and shoulder was, in retrospect, the last day of Reimold as a productive Oriole. Sad to see it play that way.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

Return to Baltimore Orioles