Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Adam Dunn speculation

Adam Dunn speculation

PostPost #1 by dan72 » July 19th, 2013, 10:36 am

Below is a quote from Bleacher report, Aparantly there is rumor that the orioles are interested in Dunn. The article builds the case for the Orioles needing a DH, and the Whitesox looking to dump salary.
Since the orioles have recalled Urrutia I'm not sure how we could carry both he and Dunn???

"The packages for Dunn come down to whether or not the ChiSox are willing to eat some of his salary. If they are then the package will be much better, but if not they won't get much in return.

Here are the two packages that make the most sense for Dunn.

Package 1
White Sox Trade DH Adam Dunn
Orioles Trade RHP Dylan Rheault
Package 2
White Sox Trade DH Adam Dunn and cash
Orioles Trade LHP Eduardo Rodriguez "
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Re: Adam Dunn speculation

PostPost #2 by Seafordeagles » July 19th, 2013, 11:29 am

I don't think Duquette will move Rodriquez. At least not this year. That's just my gut feeling.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #3 by Dons0's » July 19th, 2013, 12:28 pm

We don't need another HR hitter. We need another on base guy to manufacture runs other ways than the long ball
Dons0's
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #4 by ofahn » July 19th, 2013, 12:46 pm

dan72 wrote:Package 1
White Sox Trade DH Adam Dunn
Orioles Trade RHP Dylan Rheault

FYI - we drafted Rheault this year so I don't believe we CAN trade him until next summer.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #5 by captainjack » July 19th, 2013, 12:49 pm

I find it hard to believe Dunn would be a trade target. I think Ibanez in Seattle would be a better fit - veteran guy with punch who might come cheap...
captainjack
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #6 by mikezpen » July 20th, 2013, 9:07 am

I doubt if they'd trade Rodriguez for some rental.You mite see him go in a package for an established pitcher w/time on his contract.
mikezpen
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #7 by ofahn » July 20th, 2013, 10:03 am

IMO Adam Dunn is absolutely the wrong direction to go. We already have enough free swingers. What we need are hitters that will work the count, take a walk, hit to the opposite field when appropriate, and sacrifice the AB to move up the runner.

A perfect example og a productive AB was Brian Roberts leading off the third inning last night. He was down 1 - 2 and worked the next four pitches for a walk and then immediately scored on McLouth's 2B. That run really counted on a night when our big run producers weren't very productive.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #8 by osforlife » July 20th, 2013, 8:54 pm

No. I hope we do not acquire Adam Dunn. Not only would the Orioles bring in a huge amount of money even if the Whitesox ate a large part of the contract, Dunn isn't even a good player. Well, he's not really a player; he's a hitter. Not even a good hitter either. Yes, he hits home runs. But, he hardly gets any extra base hits after that. He walks like crazy, but even that doesn't give him a good OBP thanks to his horrid average. He is a very flawed, expensive ''player''. Let's see how Urrutia and Valencia do in the DH platoon.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #9 by Rising O's » July 20th, 2013, 10:49 pm

Orioles biggest need is a RH bat, one to sit behind Chris Davis preferably since Buck will not change the lineup.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #10 by Rising O's » July 20th, 2013, 10:52 pm

Adam Dunn is an awful player. One of those guys that fails to drive in runs that help his team win more games. Can't believe this is even a legitimate rumor.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

Return to Baltimore Orioles