Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Who takes Strops's bullpen spot?

Re: Who takes Strops's bullpen spot?

PostPost #16 by ofahn » July 4th, 2013, 10:52 am

thezeroes wrote:
That is why I listed Chen and Wada as limited options and also why I posted McFarland as having none. I do not think that McFarland would first clear waivers and secondly that Cleveland would not take him back if he did clear waivers.

I thought you were focusing on the long term.

That being said, IF Britton can make a solid start today - at least six innings with no more than two earned runs and no more than two walks - then I would allow him to continue in the rotation and put Hammel in the bullpen. He's gone at the end of the year and he might be able able to get himself back on track there.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #17 by Jordan Tuwiner » July 4th, 2013, 6:41 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:I really like gausman for this role. He could be a lights out closer :D

What?
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #18 by birdwatcher55 » July 8th, 2013, 2:29 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:What?

Do I hear an echo?? LOL A lot of personnel people really like this guy. He could be absolutely great as a closer. Personally I would rather have a lights out closer than a slighty above average pitcher. Grow the bats and buy the pitching is my new motto.. This is an organization that can't seem to develop starting pitching anyways. Happy Monday :D
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #19 by A_K » July 9th, 2013, 11:44 am

birdwatcher55 wrote:Do I hear an echo?? LOL A lot of personnel people really like this guy. He could be absolutely great as a closer. Personally I would rather have a lights out closer than a slighty above average pitcher. Grow the bats and buy the pitching is my new motto.. This is an organization that can't seem to develop starting pitching anyways. Happy Monday :D

Starters throw 200 innings. Closers throw 60 innings.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles