Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Free Falling

Free Falling

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » July 6th, 2013, 9:06 pm

Can the orioles turn it around?? Or do you sense this club is headed for last place soon?.your thoughts 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: Free Falling

PostPost #2 by ofahn » July 6th, 2013, 9:17 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Can the orioles turn it around?? Or do you sense this club is headed for last place soon?.your thoughts 8-)

Oh, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by Dons0's » July 7th, 2013, 1:47 am

I don't think they are headed in the right direction as of now. The bad thing is, we win series for a few in a row, but NO sweeps. Then end up losing 7-10 after that. Then we sweep the Yanks, end up losing 4 of the next possible 6. Series wins are fine, but when it takes you almost half of the season to get only 1 sweep and then follow up on bad losing streaks, it get us to where we are now. We beat the teams we need to beat, then lose to the teams we should beat.

The lineup is in a funk right now, McLouth is losing ABs for Reimold, which is not a good thing. Flaherty, just when he was hitting the ball well, taken out of the lineup.

The lack of scoring runs without the HR ball hurts this team also. Not saying this team can not drive in runs, it relies to heavy on HRs in my opinion.
Dons0's
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #4 by LA Detective » July 7th, 2013, 5:39 pm

I think we will be right in this until the end.
1. The pitching is coming around and they should be very fresh for the second half. I like the way Hammel battles but he needs to take a step forward.

2. The Pen is still talented and a lot has gone wrong the first 90+ games here. Gausman may be the shot in the arm the pen needs to keep JJ and Hunter and ODay fresh.

3. We do need at least an Average ML bat for the DH spot and 6th in the order. It will help smooth out the line up. Slim pickens around the league on this one though. DD/Buck might have to be creative here and pick up an unsung type who produces.
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #5 by Seafordeagles » July 7th, 2013, 9:36 pm

LA Detective wrote:I like the way Hammel battles but he needs to take a step forward.

I think he took a step forward today...........................
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #6 by Dons0's » July 8th, 2013, 8:22 am

Seafordeagles wrote:
I think he took a step forward today...........................

5ip, Like all the other O's starters. They can't manage there pitch counts well. I think Hammel had 38 pitches before the 2nd inning was over.
Dons0's
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #7 by osforlife » July 8th, 2013, 10:53 am

Hammel is fine. IMO, he isn't as bad as he's pitched this year, and he isn't as good as he pitched last year. Somewhere in between, which is completely respectable. When Chen comes back, our rotation is very solid. Out of Tillman, Gonzalez, Chen, Feldman, and Hammel, not one is an ace, but I don't think there is a weak link either. If one of them happens to get hurt, I'm licking my lips at a Josh Johnson on a team in last place...
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #8 by ofahn » July 8th, 2013, 12:07 pm

osforlife wrote:Hammel is fine. IMO, he isn't as bad as he's pitched this year, and he isn't as good as he pitched last year. Somewhere in between, which is completely respectable. When Chen comes back, our rotation is very solid. Out of Tillman, Gonzalez, Chen, Feldman, and Hammel, not one is an ace, but I don't think there is a weak link either. If one of them happens to get hurt, I'm licking my lips at a Josh Johnson on a team in last place...

Last year he was very aggressive in the zone and the results showed it. This year he's caught the nibbling disease that seems to be so endemic in this organization. IMO if the team evaluates his effectiveness as a SP to be equal to Britton's then Hammel should go to the bullpen because he's not part of our future and Zach is. Hammel's stuff is good enough that he could get between seven and nine outs and finish a game, thus giving the bullpen the night off; which it could REALLY use from time to time.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #9 by birdwatcher55 » July 8th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Orioles very inconsistent. Fourth place is close and Toronto is not far behind. We need to get on some type of winning streak soon 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #10 by birdwatcher55 » July 8th, 2013, 2:20 pm

ofahn wrote:
Oh, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I hit a cord. That's the most life I've seen out of you in months :lol:
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #11 by ofahn » July 9th, 2013, 1:38 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Guess I hit a cord. That's the most life I've seen out of you in months :lol:

I think of it as an exercise in tolerance...............................................
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #12 by birdwatcher55 » July 9th, 2013, 2:19 pm

Feldman (5.1) couldn't get out of the sixth either. He will fit in very well here. When do the Ravens open camp??? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Return to Baltimore Orioles