Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Zach Britton

Zach Britton

PostPost #1 by wiestlingjr » April 9th, 2011, 7:40 pm

I must say, after watching this first game of the doubleheader today I am impressed with Britton. When it comes to a young pitcher, keeping your composure is key. He never seems to get to high, or too low, which is a great thing. Even when he has a great inning, you don't see him get so pumped up he gets out of his rhythm and off of his game.

I hope this young pitching staff as a whole matures and falls into place, because we have so much talent, and we can be a contender in the AL East if our pitching staff can stay healthy, and continue to throw well.
wiestlingjr
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Zach Britton

PostPost #2 by Old Sneakers » April 9th, 2011, 7:43 pm

See Game Two

As a group they will have ups and downs. It's all about command. If they have it, they will compete. If they don't... sigh :roll:
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

Re: Zach Britton

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 10th, 2011, 10:06 am

wiestlingjr wrote:I must say, after watching this first game of the doubleheader today I am impressed with Britton. When it comes to a young pitcher, keeping your composure is key. He never seems to get to high, or too low, which is a great thing. Even when he has a great inning, you don't see him get so pumped up he gets out of his rhythm and off of his game.

I hope this young pitching staff as a whole matures and falls into place, because we have so much talent, and we can be a contender in the AL East if our pitching staff can stay healthy, and continue to throw well.

No doubt about it. Britton's interview after the game was almost as impressive as his performance. The kid has a good head on his shoulders.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

Return to Baltimore Orioles