Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Manny is special

Manny is special

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » June 22nd, 2013, 8:58 am

This kid really looks special. NESN'S Eckersley calls him a young ARod. We need to sign him to a LONG term contract as the new face of our franchise. Your thoughts please? :D
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 11

Re: Manny

PostPost #2 by ofahn » June 22nd, 2013, 9:15 am

birdwatcher55 wrote:We need to sign him to a LONG term contract as the new face of our franchise.


How many different times or ways do you need to be reminded that a long term contract is a BILATERAL decision? I'd like to see him become the next Brooks, Cal, or Palmer and be an Orioles for life; but HE has to want that too. He'll be a an All Star - and maybe MVP - SS who will be a "free" agent at 26. You can't count high enough to figure out how much the Yankees, Red Sox, or Dodgers would be willing to pay him. Do you REALLY think he hasn't figured that out yet?
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4402
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Manny

PostPost #3 by dan72 » June 22nd, 2013, 6:54 pm

Manny has the potential to be a once in a generation type player. For me Ripken was the ultimate Oriole as I'm not old enough to remember Brooks, Frank or Palmer in his prime.
Mussina had that potential to, and ownership wouldn't pay that man what he was worth.
The Rays were wise in locking up Longoria very early in his career, the Orioles should follow suit. I was impressed by the way the team took care of Adam Jones, now they have to do the same with Manny and Chris Davis.
I agree that if you let Manny get to free agency teams will out bid us by far. I also hope Manny wants to be here. He is a fan favorite, in a hitters ballpark.
dan72
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 368
Joined: July 2011
Reputation Score: 5

Re: Manny

PostPost #4 by ofahn » June 22nd, 2013, 7:39 pm

dan72 wrote:The Rays were wise in locking up Longoria very early in his career, the Orioles should follow suit.


Yes, the Orioles SHOULD make that offer, BUT Machado has to want to take it.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4402
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Manny

PostPost #5 by osforlife » June 24th, 2013, 11:05 am

From the Orioles-Nation Forum Rulebook:
Use descriptive subject lines. This reduces the chances of double-posting, and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read.
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1628
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Manny

PostPost #6 by Jordan Tuwiner » June 25th, 2013, 11:34 pm

osforlife wrote:From the Orioles-Nation Forum Rulebook:

Thank you!
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Manny is special

PostPost #7 by birdwatcher55 » June 26th, 2013, 11:35 am

dan72 wrote:Manny has the potential to be a once in a generation type player. For me Ripken was the ultimate Oriole as I'm not old enough to remember Brooks, Frank or Palmer in his prime.
Mussina had that potential to, and ownership wouldn't pay that man what he was worth.
The Rays were wise in locking up Longoria very early in his career, the Orioles should follow suit. I was impressed by the way the team took care of Adam Jones, now they have to do the same with Manny and Chris Davis.
I agree that if you let Manny get to free agency teams will out bid us by far. I also hope Manny wants to be here. He is a fan favorite, in a hitters ballpark.

Seems like we are on the same page, Dan...Thank you for your intelligent response 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: November 2011
Reputation Score: 11



Return to Baltimore Orioles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

cron