Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

We need to make something happen before the trade deadline.

Re: We need to make something happen before the trade deadline.

PostPost #16 by Rising O's » June 19th, 2013, 4:22 pm

Its just that old baseball stubbornness. You ever have someone say to you "its how we've always done it"? That's how I hear Buck saying it sometimes.

LJ Hoes is hitting well for Norfolk, not sure why he hits so poorly vs LHP. A right handed version of Nate would make this offense nearly unstoppable.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #17 by Seafordeagles » June 19th, 2013, 6:48 pm

Reimold will be back soon and Pearce is going to have a hard time holding his roster spot.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #18 by ofahn » June 19th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:Reimold will be back soon and Pearce is going to have a hard time holding his roster spot.

I accept that the FO might not be ready to give up on Reimold yet, but I am and I have been a proponent of giving him the opportunity to prove himself.

This year he hasn't hit and he couldn't stay healthy, again. Pearce isn't killing the ball, but he's able to play everyday and IMO he plays a better LF. Unless Reimold hits about double his weight on his rehab assignment I think it's about time to part ways.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #19 by birdwatcher55 » June 20th, 2013, 2:26 pm

I would leave the lineup alone but Manny hitting third does intrigue me. Man he would see a bunch of fastballs LOL 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #20 by birdwatcher55 » June 20th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Bigger issue: what do we do when Betemit returns?? Can we stash Pearce?? I don't think Reimold is capable of staying healthy for long stretches. I could really see him getting DFAd 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #21 by LA Detective » June 22nd, 2013, 1:25 pm

ofahn wrote: Unless Reimold hits about double his weight on his rehab assignment I think it's about time to part ways.

He should stay in the minors the whole 20 day rehab with the hope of getting his swing back. It may be his last chance with the Os
LA Detective
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 14

PostPost #22 by Dons0's » June 23rd, 2013, 1:59 pm

Why Buck still sticks with Garcia is beyond me. I think I would rather watch Arrieta pitch. Never thought I would say that. The pitching is what is going to keep the O's out of the playoffs, book it. The offense can't sustain this game in and game out, the pitching can't step up, at least not yet. Besides Tillman and Gonzo, any other 3 starts can go either way.
Dons0's
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #23 by dan72 » June 23rd, 2013, 2:42 pm

Arrieta and Garcia are both bad, Its a toss up as to which gives you a better chance to win. To me its obvious that Buck goes with Freddy because he has no one else. Kinda sad.
I can't believe that DD has not aquired any pitching help, not even a typical scrap heap guy...... I think Jamie Moyer is out there somewhere? Just last year there was posters here calling for Moyer..... LOL
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles