Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles MVP

Re: Orioles MVP

PostPost #31 by osforlife » June 5th, 2013, 3:58 pm

I'd say McLouth is the best of the three. Markakis has definitely lost a lot of gas in those legs. He really looks slow in the outfield and has looked that way for a couple years now. He makes the plays he gets to, but his range is very limited. He has an accurate arm, but it is by no means a cannon. Back in '08, he no doubt was a good defender. He still had speed and his arm was absolutely ridiculous. Then, his assists went down, and you could see that a runner here or there would hold up and the announcers would say they are afraid of Markakis' arm. But I don't see that at all anymore. Runners run on Markakis just as much as they would another outfielder. Regarding Jones, I think we can all agree he is way overrated defensively.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #32 by Old Sneakers » June 9th, 2013, 8:13 am

His arm is still first rate, as is his OBP. It's not time to thinking "Future" But I would argue it's time to start putting a long term plan in place. Question is, who would want him and his contract? What would he return in a trade? I suspect he plays out his contract in Baltimore. Then he's either re-signed to be the team's principle DH or goes elsewhere.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

PostPost #33 by birdwatcher55 » June 11th, 2013, 12:18 pm

I've been ridiculed for this by some board members but I still think Markakis becomes a full time DH by 2015 for the reasons outlined by osforlife... 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles