Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Chance Sisco C

Chance Sisco C

PostPost #1 by Rising O's » June 6th, 2013, 11:24 pm

Welcome to Baltimore.

No quality scouting report that I can find. Converted to SS but will stick as a catcher with nice upside.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 10

Re: Chance Sisco C

PostPost #2 by Old Sneakers » June 6th, 2013, 11:55 pm

Yeah, I don't know much at all about this selection. They must really believe in his hit tool though as he's not been at catcher long.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

PostPost #3 by Rising O's » June 7th, 2013, 9:57 am

This selection made me believe they were going with best player on their board for each pick. There were some college players who could have helped Baltimore in two years time and they chose to skip over them.

Sisco, the second round pick, is 6'2" and listed at 193 lbs. He is a lefty-batting catcher, described by Rajsich as "a hitter who catches." Sisco only started catching this past year, with Rajsich calling him "a natural, with a chance to learn and be a real good catcher." The Orioles also believe that Sisco will develop some power.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

PostPost #4 by dan72 » June 7th, 2013, 9:32 pm

With 4 catchers drafted, gotta wonder about the future for Wieters? I don't see the Orioles converting Matt to a first baseman, his bat would not play well at 1b. I think this is a clear message that the Orioles don't think they can sign Wieters to a deal that is friendly for the club. Thoughts
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #5 by Rising O's » June 7th, 2013, 11:49 pm

So much of Wieters value is tied to his defense that you have to wonder how long, given his size, he can remain behind the plate. That more than the money will be the deciding factor. He should give up switch hitting or finally adjust his swing from the left side because it does not work very well.
Rising O's
GCL Orioles

PostPost #6 by Old Sneakers » June 8th, 2013, 2:35 am

dan72 wrote:With 4 catchers drafted, gotta wonder about the future for Wieters? I don't see the Orioles converting Matt to a first baseman, his bat would not play well at 1b. I think this is a clear message that the Orioles don't think they can sign Wieters to a deal that is friendly for the club. Thoughts

Dan Duquette was quoted as saying "We will enjoy him while he's here" regarding Weithers. His agent (Scott Boras) apparently wants mega money or he's a free agent ASAP. That said, while the defense has been great... So long.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

PostPost #7 by ljmillar22 » July 2nd, 2013, 2:57 pm

Sisco is hitting really well down at rookie level ball, all his hits are singles but i dont think that its too much of a problem at the moment. When do you think a promotion is in order?
ljmillar22
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #8 by birdwatcher55 » July 2nd, 2013, 3:04 pm

Old Sneakers wrote:
Dan Duquette was quoted as saying "We will enjoy him while he's here" regarding Weithers. His agent (Scott Boras) apparently wants mega money or he's a free agent ASAP. That said, while the defense has been great... So long.

Yes I have to agree. Duquette's quote is handwriting on the wall. After 2014, see ya 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #9 by ofahn » July 2nd, 2013, 3:05 pm

ljmillar22 wrote:Sisco is hitting really well down at rookie level ball, all his hits are singles but i dont think that its too much of a problem at the moment. When do you think a promotion is in order?

I believe the team will evaluate him on his overall game before they make that decision; not just his hitting.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #10 by ljmillar22 » July 2nd, 2013, 3:18 pm

ofahn wrote:
I believe the team will evaluate him on his overall game before they make that decision; not just his hitting.

Cheers ofahn, have you seen him catch yet or have you got any scouting reports on his catching skills?
ljmillar22
DSL Orioles

PostPost #11 by ofahn » July 2nd, 2013, 3:21 pm

ljmillar22 wrote:
Cheers ofahn, have you seen him catch yet or have you got any scouting reports on his catching skills?

I haven't seen him play yet and the only scouting reports I've seen are pre draft.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #12 by Old Sneakers » July 3rd, 2013, 9:40 pm

ljmillar22 wrote:Sisco is hitting really well down at rookie level ball, all his hits are singles but i dont think that its too much of a problem at the moment. When do you think a promotion is in order?

You know I am not making fun of you but I really considered giving you a rep point for this post as it sounds like you were being sarcastic. If you were... Damn that was funny! Some folk's see an ERA below 4.50 or batting average above .275 at AA Bowie and they start talking "When are we going to promote him to Baltimore"

That said, give it a couple years and let him get his feet wet. If he looks good you'll hear chanting way too soon as is.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

PostPost #13 by thezeroes » July 5th, 2013, 10:22 am

I would hope it was sarcasm. The kid is 18 years of age. Played in 6 games (4 as catcher, 2 as DH) through July 3rd. Has only 24 Plate Appearances, 21 At Bats, 2 Walks and 1 sac Fly. This is about the smallest of sample sizes imaginable.

Defensively, he has no errors but a 75% steal success rate. Again a minuscule sample size.

If he plays above his peers at this level through the middle of August then an adjustment to better competition but before then I think not.
thezeroes
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 38

PostPost #14 by ljmillar22 » August 30th, 2013, 1:02 pm

Today Chance Sisco was promoted to Aberdeen. courtesy of tucker blair on twitter
ljmillar22
DSL Orioles

PostPost #15 by ofahn » September 3rd, 2013, 2:11 pm

ljmillar22 wrote:Today Chance Sisco was promoted to Aberdeen. courtesy of tucker blair on twitter

He'll get a chance to prove himself in the playoffs. Great opportunity.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Return to MLB Draft