Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Game 52: Orioles @ Nationals 5/28/2013

Game 52: Orioles @ Nationals 5/28/2013

PostPost #1 by ofahn » May 28th, 2013, 3:46 pm

BAL: Gausman (0-1, 7.20)
WSH: Karns (0-0, -.--)

Let's see if Kevin has figured out how to get through the lineup a second time yet. One way might be to not try to strike everyone out. All that does is force him to show more of his pitches early in the game which gives a ML hitter all the advantage they need. With a defense as good as ours he can afford to get a hitter off balance and then pitch to contact. His performance will improve if he can show them pitches the second time through that they didn't see the first.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: Game 52: Orioles @ Nationals 5/28/2013

PostPost #2 by Rising O's » May 28th, 2013, 8:43 pm

That should be it for Kevin. See you next year.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #3 by Jordan Tuwiner » May 29th, 2013, 10:23 pm

Rising O's wrote:That should be it for Kevin. See you next year.

Give him some time. I promise you in a few weeks he will have changed your mind. This stuff is just too good and he needs some time to adjust.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #4 by osforlife » May 30th, 2013, 2:17 pm

I'd like our young pitchers to almost take a year at every minor league level, like the Rays do, but management obviously has no interest in doing that. For example, look at Jeremy Hellickson's, Wade Davis', and Alex Cobb's minor league statistics. That is how I would like our young pitchers to be developed. Maybe Kevin Gausman is ready, maybe he isn't ready. We have been told young pitchers are ready before, and have been shown otherwise. I just hope he doesn't become overwhelmed, go down to the minors, and start tweaking a bunch of things. But, man he is fun to watch; a 96-98 mph fastball with life, a DIRTY change-up, and a developing slider does not come around very often.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Return to Game Threads