Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Terps' Basketball

Re: Terps' Basketball

PostPost #31 by birdwatcher55 » March 8th, 2013, 7:35 am

dan72 wrote:Last nights loss to the Heels helped punch their ticket to the NIT. The Terps had a clear size advantage and they did not exploit it. Instead they threw up ill advised threes all night and they could not connect. With 2 minutes left before half time the Terps had the game in hand in they failed to play defense and they turned the ball over. The Terps also did not dominate the boards which is something they have done most of the season.
Len is not ready for the NBA, I can't beleive all the talk about him as a lottery pick. I predict him as a D league player and then a future over sees......Note to Len,get in the gym, work on your handle, and STAY IN SCHOOL........

Good Post Dan. Some thoughts:
--I'm not tossing in the NCAA towel until someone rips it out of my hands. We still have a big game at VA Sunday and then the tourney. I still think 23 wins gets us in the Big Dance.
-- Turnovers are the product of a team with no point guard. I understand they are bringing in a kid next year with a lot of potential to fill that need not to mention a much needed shooter. But right now we are a rudderless ship outside of Wells.
-- I hang Wednesday's loss on Turgeon more than any other factor and that includes NC's lights out shooting from threeland. When you are playing against a four guard lineup, you pound the ball inside and draw the fouls. Just no excuse when you have guys like Mitchell, Len and Shaq along your front line.
-- No question Len is not NBA ready but this is a weak draft from all reports and he will get lots of $$$$ for being a top ten pick. It's really an easy decision and one I welcome. I can see Ernie Grunfeld salavitating at the thought of drafting another soft Russian front liner.
-- 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #32 by birdwatcher55 » March 11th, 2013, 11:50 am

What an awful loss Sunday. I understand we lack a point guard but my goodness I thought we were throughly out-coached in the second half. I have to think Turegon needs to turn this program around next year or he is in hot water 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #33 by dan72 » March 12th, 2013, 5:03 pm

Just like I said..... NIT here we come. Bad teams find a way to lose, and thats exactly what they did. Can't guard the three, to many turn overs, out coached....
Coach needs to pound the ball down low and run clear outs for Wells....Thats the recipe.
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #34 by birdwatcher55 » March 14th, 2013, 12:32 pm

Totally agree Dan. Perhaps it was too much to expect a quantum leap from nowhere the past 3 seasons to the NCCAs. However I do have a problem going forward with Turgeon. There were too many games this year where I felt he was out X'd and Os. I just hope and pray Wells doesn't go pro and Len stays. Now that would be a disaster!!! :lol:
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #35 by birdwatcher55 » March 19th, 2013, 11:26 am

Watching some of these Mickey Mouse teams in the Big Dance really frosts my ***. The Terps, despite two bad losses and an 8-10 conference record, should be in the NCAAs. The NCAA Selection Committe is clueless. Seems like they listen too much to Joe Linardi. I want to puke really :x
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #36 by osforlife » March 23rd, 2013, 9:17 am

I watched the Maryland/North Carolina game(last Sunday I think). The Terps were behind the whole game but came back at the end. It was exciting to watch, how we never let the game slip away. Nick Faust kept Maryland in the game. A couple more wins and the Terps are probably in March Madness. Oh well, I think we have a very good chance of winning the NIT. Maryland will be good next year for sure.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #37 by birdwatcher55 » March 31st, 2013, 7:26 pm

With Faust developing, the Michigan transfer, and a legit pg, I look for better results in 2013-14. Big key is what does cleare bring to the table next year?..does he transfer?....I would hope Turgeon has a backup plan at center..and please no more Russians!,, 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #38 by birdwatcher55 » April 9th, 2013, 12:01 pm

Howard transferring to a West Coast school due to family issues. Last Gary Williams' recruit, who never made his mark here despite much promise. Turgeon now has 4 scholarships left to work with entering 2013-14. Now let's get a REAL point guard in here next year and let's put an end to this Seth Allen point guard talk please!! A JUCO center would be nice too. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #39 by birdwatcher55 » April 30th, 2013, 12:35 pm

Does Barton transfer from Memphis to College Park?? Very key decision that could have a big impact on your 2013-14 season 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #40 by birdwatcher55 » May 28th, 2013, 12:44 pm

Barton picks Tennessee. Enjoy the NIT kid 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #41 by birdwatcher55 » June 22nd, 2013, 8:49 am

I question Turgeon's x and os but the guy can flat out recruit ...two nice guards coming in for 2014 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Previous

Return to Bleachers