Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Brad Bergesen's Outing

Brad Bergesen's Outing

PostPost #1 by oriolesmagic28 » April 6th, 2011, 7:17 pm

He threw 89 pitches in 3 2/3 innings, giving up 4 runs, 2 unearned. He walked two, and had a pickoff throwing error. That is not a good outing according to my calculations he deserves a bus ticket back to Norfork when Matusz comes back. We will have a 5 man rotation, Guthrie, Matusz, Tilman, Arrieta, Britton. That will free up a roster spot for either tatum, bell, or reimold. Bergensen was just awful tonight!!! :evil:
oriolesmagic28
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Brad Bergesen's Outing

PostPost #2 by DougDE » April 6th, 2011, 7:45 pm

He certainly wasnt good but probably not as bad as his numbers looked. He got the last out of that second inning, just Brob and Kakes couldnt convert, then things fell apart from there. Who knows how his outing would have went if Brian would have caught that ball. A pitcher does have to come back and get the next batter but one play can change the rhythm of a game
DougDE
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #3 by oriolesmagic28 » April 6th, 2011, 7:54 pm

I know be even before then he was throwing way to many pitches. Way to many balls.
oriolesmagic28
DSL Orioles

PostPost #4 by Old Sneakers » April 7th, 2011, 1:14 pm

oriolesmagic28 wrote:I know be even before then he was throwing way to many pitches. Way to many balls.

Yep! Got to throw strikes and challenge batters. Then screw with them with off speed stuff. Not sure what's happened but command seems to be the clear issue.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

PostPost #5 by oriolesmagic28 » April 7th, 2011, 10:14 pm

He needs more time to develop...should go to Norfork, so we can bring up another reliever
oriolesmagic28
DSL Orioles

PostPost #6 by ljmillar22 » May 23rd, 2011, 7:53 am

have to agree with you there oriolesmagic28, ive watched all of his starts and only one game have i seen him pound the low part of the zone and get the groundballs, he is a GB pitcher that at the moment cannnot do that, rotation should be when healthy Matusz, Guthrie, Britton, Arrietta or Tillman, im still not sure who i prefer, my opinion changes every day with them two.
ljmillar22
DSL Orioles

Return to Baltimore Orioles