Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Introduce Yourself

Re: Introduce Yourself

PostPost #106 by Jordan Tuwiner » October 30th, 2012, 4:32 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:
The Seaford Eagles were a team in the Eastern Shore Baseball league in the 40's. I'm originally from Baltimore moved to Seaford in 1968 (culture shock). I coached and played baseball and softball for over 30 years. I coached the Seaford big league baseball team to 3 straight Delaware state championships. I will always support the orioles.

Welcome!
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #107 by rose4hall » December 21st, 2012, 11:35 am

Name: Mike Long
Interests: Baltimore Orioles, Washington Redskins, Washington Capitals
Background: 48 year old who has been an O's fan since going to see Brooks, Tim Stoddard and Lee May play back at Memorial Stadium. Been through the highes and lows and stuck with them through thick and thin. Glad they are making some positive moves for the future.
rose4hall
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #108 by Jordan Tuwiner » December 21st, 2012, 3:02 pm

rose4hall wrote:Name: Mike Long
Interests: Baltimore Orioles, Washington Redskins, Washington Capitals
Background: 48 year old who has been an O's fan since going to see Brooks, Tim Stoddard and Lee May play back at Memorial Stadium. Been through the highes and lows and stuck with them through thick and thin. Glad they are making some positive moves for the future.

Thanks for signing up, Mike. Welcome to the forums!
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #109 by BamaOsFan » December 26th, 2012, 5:03 pm

Name: Bryan Miller Location: Huntsville, Alabama Interests: Baltimore Orioles, Univeristy of Alabama (Roll Tide), Landscaping, Progressive Rock, The Baltimore Colts and Bullets of old, reading background: father of 3 girls, married 24 years, manager at a computer mapping company for 29 years. Starting following baseball as a snot-nosed kid back around 1968. All that was on at the time was a Saturday baseball game. At that time, the O's, Tigers, Twins, Reds and Pirates filled the Saturday games. Started following the O's (maybe liked the cartoon bird :-) and latched onto Brooks, Frank, Boog, Jim, Mike, Mark, Paul and of course Weaver. After years of longing to get to Baltimore, finally made it to Memorial Stadium in !988. Felt like i was at the Mecca. I actually had tears in my eyes standing outside the entrace to the Park. It was an extremely emotion thing. Since, have made the trek to Camden Yards on 5 or 6 occassions since and have enjoyed every game that I attended. Loved last season and hated for it to end. :D Go O's!
BamaOsFan
DSL Orioles

PostPost #110 by ofahn » December 26th, 2012, 5:16 pm

BamaOsFan wrote:Name: Bryan Miller Location: Huntsville, Alabama Interests: Baltimore Orioles, Univeristy of Alabama (Roll Tide), Landscaping, Progressive Rock, The Baltimore Colts and Bullets of old, reading background: father of 3 girls, married 24 years, manager at a computer mapping company for 29 years. Starting following baseball as a snot-nosed kid back around 1968. All that was on at the time was a Saturday baseball game. At that time, the O's, Tigers, Twins, Reds and Pirates filled the Saturday games. Started following the O's (maybe liked the cartoon bird :-) and latched onto Brooks, Frank, Boog, Jim, Mike, Mark, Paul and of course Weaver. After years of longing to get to Baltimore, finally made it to Memorial Stadium in !988. Felt like i was at the Mecca. I actually had tears in my eyes standing outside the entrace to the Park. It was an extremely emotion thing. Since, have made the trek to Camden Yards on 5 or 6 occassions since and have enjoyed every game that I attended. Loved last season and hated for it to end. :D Go O's!

Welcome to the forum. Please feel free to share your opinions.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #111 by Jordan Tuwiner » December 30th, 2012, 6:14 pm

BamaOsFan wrote:Name: Bryan Miller Location: Huntsville, Alabama Interests: Baltimore Orioles, Univeristy of Alabama (Roll Tide), Landscaping, Progressive Rock, The Baltimore Colts and Bullets of old, reading background: father of 3 girls, married 24 years, manager at a computer mapping company for 29 years. Starting following baseball as a snot-nosed kid back around 1968. All that was on at the time was a Saturday baseball game. At that time, the O's, Tigers, Twins, Reds and Pirates filled the Saturday games. Started following the O's (maybe liked the cartoon bird :-) and latched onto Brooks, Frank, Boog, Jim, Mike, Mark, Paul and of course Weaver. After years of longing to get to Baltimore, finally made it to Memorial Stadium in !988. Felt like i was at the Mecca. I actually had tears in my eyes standing outside the entrace to the Park. It was an extremely emotion thing. Since, have made the trek to Camden Yards on 5 or 6 occassions since and have enjoyed every game that I attended. Loved last season and hated for it to end. :D Go O's!

Welcome!
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #112 by MemOrioles » January 25th, 2013, 9:54 am

Name: Mic Guyton
Interests: Orioles/Braves baseball, Fantasy baseball, History, Photography, Music, Old TV Shows, and Old Time Radio.

I was born and raised in Baltimore City (Highlandtown/Canton), and spent the first 30 years of my life in B'more City & County. I moved to Georgia in 1980 and this is my 30th year here. My first 10 years or so in Georgia I would spend many summer nights sitting in my car listening to Orioles games on WTOP AM out of D.C. fade in and out. I gradually became a Braves fan as well, and after all those years of watching great Orioles teams I have been blessed with many great Braves teams to follow as well.
My dream of course is to see both of my teams play each other in the World Series. I have had the pleasure of watching them go head to head in Atlanta a handful of times, (My son and daughter treated me to a matchup this past Fathers Day), and love embarrassing my Georgia family by shouting "O" during the National Anthem!
MemOrioles
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 2

PostPost #113 by ofahn » January 25th, 2013, 9:58 am

MemOrioles wrote:Name: Mic Guyton
Interests: Orioles/Braves baseball, Fantasy baseball, History, Photography, Music, Old TV Shows, and Old Time Radio.

I was born and raised in Baltimore City (Highlandtown/Canton), and spent the first 30 years of my life in B'more City & County. I moved to Georgia in 1980 and this is my 30th year here. My first 10 years or so in Georgia I would spend many summer nights sitting in my car listening to Orioles games on WTOP AM out of D.C. fade in and out. I gradually became a Braves fan as well, and after all those years of watching great Orioles teams I have been blessed with many great Braves teams to follow as well.
My dream of course is to see both of my teams play each other in the World Series. I have had the pleasure of watching them go head to head in Atlanta a handful of times, (My son and daughter treated me to a matchup this past Fathers Day), and love embarrassing my Georgia family by shouting "O" during the National Anthem!

Welcome!

FYI - you can listen to the Orioles' radio broadcast on MLB.com.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #114 by MemOrioles » January 25th, 2013, 9:31 pm

ofahn wrote:
Welcome!

FYI - you can listen to the Orioles' radio broadcast on MLB.com.

Thanks, but back in the 80's there was no such animal. I had AM radio and day old box scores! :(
I now have MLBTV so I can actually watch all of the Orioles games. Living 90 miles from Atlanta and Ted's SuperStation is what turned me into a Braves fan. I felt like a cheating husband at first, but I've always loved my Orioles the most. :D
I attended about 20-40 Orioles games a season all through the 70's so being so isolated from my team was brutal on this baseball nut, so I got a little something going on the side with the Braves. Now I can be intimately involved with both of my teams on a regular basis so life is grand!
MemOrioles
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 2

PostPost #115 by 88kcusseeknay » May 20th, 2013, 5:15 pm

Name: Chris L
Interests: all things orioles
BUCK BALL !!![/
88kcusseeknay
DSL Orioles

PostPost #116 by ofahn » May 20th, 2013, 6:01 pm

88kcusseeknay wrote:Interests: all things orioles

Welcome!

You've picked the right place to talk Orioles.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles