Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Luke Scott has right groin sprain

Luke Scott has right groin sprain

PostPost #1 by Oriolefan88 » April 2nd, 2011, 9:26 pm

Ghiroli is reporting that Scott has a right groin sprain. He is day to day.This could be a opportunity for Pie to show he deserves a spot in the starting line up
Oriolefan88
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Luke Scott has right groin sprain

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 2nd, 2011, 10:32 pm

Oriolefan88 wrote:Ghiroli is reporting that Scott has a right groin sprain. He is day to day.This could be a opportunity for Pie to show he deserves a spot in the starting line up

As long as he's only out a few days, that's fine; Pie can fill in fine.

What I like best is that if he does need to go to the DL, we have two outfielders waiting in Norfolk ready to come up in Nolan Reimold and Matt Angle.

Same goes for pitching. One of our young starters goes down (Brian Matusz), and we have a replacement ready and waiting in Triple-A.

The Orioles finally have some depth, which they have been missing for years.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #3 by BuckMagic » April 3rd, 2011, 9:53 am

Jordan wrote:
Oriolefan88 wrote:Ghiroli is reporting that Scott has a right groin sprain. He is day to day.This could be a opportunity for Pie to show he deserves a spot in the starting line up

As long as he's only out a few days, that's fine; Pie can fill in fine.

What I like best is that if he does need to go to the DL, we have two outfielders waiting in Norfolk ready to come up in Nolan Reimold and Matt Angle.

Same goes for pitching. One of our young starters goes down (Brian Matusz), and we have a replacement ready and waiting in Triple-A.

The Orioles finally have some depth, which they have been missing for years.

I will add to this and say we also have some almost ready infielders in Ryan Adams and Greg Miclat.
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #4 by Don » April 3rd, 2011, 12:12 pm

Luke Scott is fine. He will be sitting out until the rubber match against Detroit.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #5 by oriolesmagic28 » April 3rd, 2011, 8:07 pm

I will add to this and say we also have some almost ready infielders in Ryan Adams and Greg Miclat.[/quote]

Now, is Adams a 3rd baseman or a replacement for Roberts at 2nd?
oriolesmagic28
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Return to Baltimore Orioles