* Too many ground outs- The team hasn't been too bitten badly by double plays. However, there also hasn't been much in the way of sacrifice fly balls. (Chris Davis may have started out ultra hot but he's also been a ground ball machine)
* Somewhat shaky starting pitching. Chen and Gonzales have been solid. Very shaky after these two.
* Failing to Manufacture runs.
* Too many stranded base runners.
* Brian Roberts
is again injured.
* Manny Machado
is not ready to bat second.
* The bench hasn't been producing much (Flaherty, Cassila, Pearce, Teagarden haven't had good starts to the season)
I think the biggest reason is what I was griping about last month. No true lead off hitter. Nick Markakis
IMO is really a #2 guy that is doing an admirable job. However, it's not his ideal spot.