Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Josh Hader 4/8 Delmarva

Re: Josh Hader 4/8 Delmarva

PostPost #16 by birdwatcher55 » April 9th, 2013, 12:07 pm

Over under on Habgood living up to advance notice??? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #17 by ofahn » April 9th, 2013, 3:19 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Over under on Habgood living up to advance notice??? 8-)

In all fairness HOBGOOD was a the number four overall pick, so it's almost impossible to live up to those expectations regardless of his injury problems. Despite the protestations of all of the parties involved in this pick I still see him as having been a budget choice and I'll be happy if he can just contribute as a reliever in the ML.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #18 by Old Sneakers » April 9th, 2013, 4:04 pm

No one said much regarding the Radar gun question. I agree now Matt Hobgood likely was a budget pick. Though he did make some sense as he was a ground ball machine that might have played up nicely at OPACY. Though it's now a long road the majors I don't care what his role will end up being so long as he lives up to being a quality arm. I think he turns 23 this year. There is still time, he can do it.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

PostPost #19 by adonijah1510 » April 9th, 2013, 4:26 pm

Pretty sure it was a slider he was throwing. Ill ask him next time we talk. The HBP in the first inning was actually a cather interference that's what he told me this afternoon.
adonijah1510
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 8

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues