Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Minor League Rosters to be announced Thursday

Re: Minor League Rosters to be announced Thursday

PostPost #16 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 3rd, 2011, 1:18 am

orioles8 wrote:What do you think about Robbie Widlansky?

I'm guessing he's back at Bowie.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #17 by Shorebirdfan » April 3rd, 2011, 7:50 am

Jordan,

Got a few in my house we are interested in. Miclat, Bunbry and Bernardo. Any info greatly appreciated.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #18 by Karl of Delaware » April 3rd, 2011, 7:56 am

We know the Delmarva catchers (Ohleman, Dallas), most of the infield (Machado, Shoop, Givens), but no oufielders. Which outfielders are headed to Salisbury? I'm thinking Webb, Mummey, and Schultz but this is just guessing.
Karl of Delaware
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #19 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 3rd, 2011, 9:28 am

Shorebirdfan wrote:Jordan,

Got a few in my house we are interested in. Miclat, Bunbry and Bernardo. Any info greatly appreciated.

Miclat to Bowie. I'll check up on the other two. My best guess is Bumbry & Bernardo to Frederick, but Bernardo will be shuffled around a lot.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #20 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 3rd, 2011, 9:29 am

Karl of Delaware wrote:We know the Delmarva catchers (Ohleman, Dallas), most of the infield (Machado, Shoop, Givens), but no oufielders. Which outfielders are headed to Salisbury? I'm thinking Webb, Mummey, and Schultz but this is just guessing.

I'll have to find out about those three. I'm guessing all three do go to Delmarva though. Maybe Mummey goes to Frederick.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #21 by Karl of Delaware » April 3rd, 2011, 9:30 am

What are the procedures or mechanics involved in a minor league team's roster release? I would think a sheet would be handed out with all the names of the , for example, Shorebird players and in a few minutes this would be on lots of posts and emails. This does not seem to be the case. Some teams get their rosters public relatively quickly: the Lakewood (Phila.) and Asheville (Rockies) team websites had the rosters posted FRiday evening. Others seem to take up to a week. Can you shed some light on how this all works?
Karl of Delaware
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #22 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 3rd, 2011, 9:38 am

Karl of Delaware wrote:What are the procedures or mechanics involved in a minor league team's roster release? I would think a sheet would be handed out with all the names of the , for example, Shorebird players and in a few minutes this would be on lots of posts and emails. This does not seem to be the case. Some teams get their rosters public relatively quickly: the Lakewood (Phila.) and Asheville (Rockies) team websites had the rosters posted FRiday evening. Others seem to take up to a week. Can you shed some light on how this all works?

The team puts out a list with player assignments a few days before minor league spring training (for the Orioles, it was Friday). The team posts the rosters on a door in the complex and the players check to see where they're headed. This roster is only for the players.

I guess the Orioles just like to keep their rosters private for as long as possible.

The rosters will be delivered directly to my email as soon as they are released and I'll have them posted shortly afterward.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #23 by BuckMagic » April 3rd, 2011, 9:49 am

Why is Joseph going to Bowie?
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #24 by Don » April 3rd, 2011, 10:25 am

I have been told to expect Hector Veloz sometime later this summer for either extended spring training or in the GCL.

For those who are not aware, he was a bonus baby dominican third base prospect. He has tremendous hand speed and improved from the times I have seen tape on the kid to expect alot of Pop in the bat. He is suppose to have above average hands and arm to think future 3B. At 17, he has a few years before he will make some noise in the minor ranks.
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #25 by Shorebirdfan » April 6th, 2011, 10:19 pm

Karl of Delaware wrote:We know the Delmarva catchers (Ohleman, Dallas), most of the infield (Machado, Shoop, Givens), but no oufielders. Which outfielders are headed to Salisbury? I'm thinking Webb, Mummey, and Schultz but this is just guessing.

That was the starting OF in the exhibition game last night.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

PostPost #26 by Shorebirdfan » April 6th, 2011, 10:26 pm

So in reviewing what has been released of the minor league rosters, I found the most interesting thing to be the announcement of Greg Miclat as the starting 2B for Bowie. Haven't seen a release from Frederick to this point, but this should mean that L J Hoes will return to Frederick after being moved up to Bowie for a few games late last season. Appears the JJ Hardy, Nick Green Brendan Harris additions have slowed the progress in the middle of the infield.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

PostPost #27 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 10th, 2011, 10:08 pm

Current rosters have been posted: http://orioles-nation.com/rosters/
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues