Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Delmarva Opening Night

Re: Delmarva Opening Night

PostPost #16 by adonijah1510 » April 4th, 2013, 7:49 pm

In the 5th Delmarva had little action Marin singled to left and stole 2nd followed by a K to Vega and Lorenzo. Boss flyed out to left to end inning.
adonijah1510
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 8

PostPost #17 by adonijah1510 » April 4th, 2013, 7:51 pm

Louico had a solid 6th starting off with a 3 pitch K and 2 flyouts hitting the gun from 93 to 96. Louico only used 11 pitches only 3 balls.
adonijah1510
DSL Orioles

PostPost #18 by adonijah1510 » April 4th, 2013, 8:04 pm

Updates will be on delay due to hail storm all my stuff is gettin soaked.
adonijah1510
DSL Orioles

PostPost #19 by Old Sneakers » April 4th, 2013, 8:29 pm

Thanks for the updates. Really disappointed in what you had to say about Christian Walker (Scooper +Injury). Really liked the pitch count update. Very nice touch!
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

PostPost #20 by Old Sneakers » April 4th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Any opinion on Hobgood?
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

PostPost #21 by ofahn » April 4th, 2013, 8:41 pm

Old Sneakers wrote:Any opinion on Hobgood?

His line looks good.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #22 by Old Sneakers » April 4th, 2013, 8:42 pm

Yeah I noticed the ground balls too. Im not hopeful for high velocity or strike outs. Just some sort of vibe on how serviceable and efficient he is.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

PostPost #23 by ofahn » April 4th, 2013, 8:45 pm

adonijah1510 wrote:Parker is replaced by Williams Louico.

Parker Bridwell 5.0 IP 4 H 3 R 1 ER 2 BB 4 K 1.80 ERA

He's got to be MUCH more efficient than that if he wants to continue through the system as a SP.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #24 by Old Sneakers » April 4th, 2013, 8:47 pm

ofahn wrote:
He's got to be MUCH more efficient than that if he wants to continue through the system as a SP.

Agreed. It would be alright if he was less hittable and ran high pitch counts. You know he would likely fly as a reliever. However, this is year three in the SAL. This is major make or break time for him.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

PostPost #25 by adonijah1510 » April 4th, 2013, 8:59 pm

Hobgood looked good just no velocity. It was crazy just a down pour of rain and hail for the last 4 innings or so. Marin and Hutter impressed me but we have alot of fielding issues. Ill do more once I get home trying to warm up in the car.
adonijah1510
DSL Orioles

PostPost #26 by Old Sneakers » April 4th, 2013, 9:01 pm

Thanks man, know its a lot to ask but just give us a rundown per player of your opinions. You do not have to be any sort of scout to pick up on things.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

PostPost #27 by ofahn » April 4th, 2013, 9:10 pm

adonijah1510 wrote:Ill do more once I get home trying to warm up in the car

Thanks for taking one for the team.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #28 by adonijah1510 » April 4th, 2013, 10:38 pm

Finally home and dry here are my final thoughts on game:

Parker had good stuff just needs to be patient and not get overwhelmed when he doesn't hit his marks or gives up a hit. The runs weren't his fault if Sawyer and Boss connect the inning would have been scoreless. Hobgood was very efficient but didn't seem to have lot of velocity, did look much slimmer good sign. Louico looks lights out in first start just needing 11 pitches to take down 3 batters mostly gunning fastballs from 93-96. Vega was not impressive to me in the field dropping a routine fly costing a run. Also he had a ball I think if he slides or dives for is a out worst thing could've happened he don't make it and guys still at first don't be afraid of taking risks. Bernadina also had a routine dropped fly ball in right field also costing a run to score for Hagerstown. Boss had a ruff day bobbling a ball grounded to him that should've been a double play only being able to get the runner at first. Also the play at second where he should've had the ball to tag out runner trying to steal. Marion and Sawyer showed great effort and speed on the bases both getting steals. The MVP of the game in my opinion was Hutter who had 2 triples and showed great hustle at 3rd making some good plays. Still though they need to improve their 1 - 8 RISP. All in all not a bad night for a hail storm to start the season but a win is a win and on to the next game.
adonijah1510
DSL Orioles

Previous

Return to Minor Leagues