Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Game 3: Orioles @ Rays 4/04/2013

Game 3: Orioles @ Rays 4/04/2013

PostPost #1 by ofahn » April 4th, 2013, 10:50 am

We need to come out STRONG and make a statement about yesterday being behind us. That's what winning teams do.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Re: Game 3: Orioles @ Rays 4/04/2013

PostPost #2 by ofahn » April 4th, 2013, 4:48 pm

UH, OH! Who had the third game in the Brian Robert's Gets Injured Pool?
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #3 by ofahn » April 4th, 2013, 5:04 pm

Boy, that Hardy HR is really starting to look big.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #4 by ofahn » April 4th, 2013, 5:38 pm

Well, we caught a break in the Ninth; but I suspect we just lost our 2B.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #5 by Rising O's » April 4th, 2013, 6:38 pm

Winning a road series vs the Rays which might be the best team in the AL East. You have to feel good about that.
Rising O's
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 10

PostPost #6 by osforlife » April 4th, 2013, 9:01 pm

I'm surprised the Rays put Roberto Hernandez in their rotation. They have the best GM and manager in baseball and they are really dumb enough to put this guy in the rotation. He seems like the perfect fit to resurrect his career in the bullpen. The man gets hit HARD every year, and doesn't strike anybody out. He has had one above average year in the last 5. I would have put Niemann, Archer, or Odorizzi in the rotation over this bum.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #7 by ofahn » April 4th, 2013, 9:13 pm

osforlife wrote:I would have put Niemann, Archer, or Odorizzi in the rotation over this bum.

I think Tampa wants to make sure those two guys are ML ready before they bring them up (what a RADICAL concept). There track record says they know how to develop pitching and they usually get it right.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #8 by osforlife » April 5th, 2013, 11:11 am

ofahn wrote:
I think Tampa wants to make sure those two guys are ML ready before they bring them up (what a RADICAL concept). There track record says they know how to develop pitching and they usually get it right.

Both Archer and Odorizzi must need a bit more time in the minors, because the Rays sure know how to develop/scout their pitchers. Yesterday, when Hernandez started, it broke a streak of 1,207 games without using a free agent pitcher, I believe. That's amazing. When is the last time a Rays pitching prospect failed? Although not all of these names were drafted by the Rays, all of them have had extended amounts of success at the big league level, or at least appear to start having success at the big league level: Garza, Kazmir, Shields, Hammel, Jackson, Cobb, Moore, Price, Niemann, Davis: it's insane. It was reported that Niemann's velocity was down; perhaps that is the reason why Hernandez broke camp in the rotation. I don't know, maybe I just admire how the Rays run their organization and wanted the young pitcher streak to continue.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Return to Game Threads