Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Alfredo Simon is in Florida

Alfredo Simon is in Florida

PostPost #1 by Oriolefan88 » April 2nd, 2011, 6:11 pm

Not sure if I should have just added this to the "cleared" thread. But Britt Ghiroli is reporting that Simon is in the Sarasota complex.Will work out tomorrow and is being stretched out as a starter.
Oriolefan88
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Alfredo Simon is in Florida

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 2nd, 2011, 10:34 pm

Oriolefan88 wrote:Not sure if I should have just added this to the "cleared" thread. But Britt Ghiroli is reporting that Simon is in the Sarasota complex.Will work out tomorrow and is being stretched out as a starter.

Despite this, I believe he won't play again until 2012.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #3 by Don » April 3rd, 2011, 7:12 am

The best thing for him is to get back into a routine. I am shocked that this country actually cleared his visa status to enter into the country.

After seeing last nights pair of whack a mole pitchers, he might be needed as well....
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 25

PostPost #4 by BuckMagic » April 3rd, 2011, 9:51 am

Don wrote:The best thing for him is to get back into a routine. I am shocked that this country actually cleared his visa status to enter into the country.

After seeing last nights pair of whack a mole pitchers, he might be needed as well....

Do you actually think he is a major league pitcher? I am not sure how effective he'll be. He was decent as a closer but I still think he lets up too many home runs and doesn't have the control necessary to consistently pitch in a major league bullpen.
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

Return to Baltimore Orioles