Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Baltimore native Pelosi picks 49ers

Baltimore native Pelosi picks 49ers

PostPost #1 by steve » January 23rd, 2013, 5:38 pm

WASHINGTON -- She was born in Baltimore, but House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi is rooting for San Francisco.

Asked which team she will back in the Super Bowl, the daughter of former Baltimore Mayor Thomas D'Alesandro Jr. said she would have to side with her adopted home. Pelosi represents a district located within the city of San Francisco.

"I'm rooting for the 49ers, I'm not rooting against Baltimore," Pelosi said during a press conference on Capitol Hill Wednesday. "I'm a Baltimore sports fan as my second team… I'm so proud of them, but my constituency is San Francisco."

Pelosi, a former Speaker of the House, said she was rooting for both teams to go to the Super Bowl.

"The only consolation I have is that the Harbaugh parents must have a more difficult decision to make on that day," she said.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... 0943.story

She's a loon.
steve
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 1

Re: Baltimore native Pelosi picks 49ers

PostPost #2 by ofahn » January 23rd, 2013, 5:43 pm

steve wrote:WASHINGTON -- She was born in Baltimore, but House Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi is rooting for San Francisco.

Asked which team she will back in the Super Bowl, the daughter of former Baltimore Mayor Thomas D'Alesandro Jr. said she would have to side with her adopted home. Pelosi represents a district located within the city of San Francisco.

"I'm rooting for the 49ers, I'm not rooting against Baltimore," Pelosi said during a press conference on Capitol Hill Wednesday. "I'm a Baltimore sports fan as my second team… I'm so proud of them, but my constituency is San Francisco."

Pelosi, a former Speaker of the House, said she was rooting for both teams to go to the Super Bowl.

"The only consolation I have is that the Harbaugh parents must have a more difficult decision to make on that day," she said.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryla ... 0943.story

She's a loon.

She's from San Francisco. Is it so wrong to root for your home team?
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #3 by steve » January 24th, 2013, 3:44 am

Well, If you're born in Maryland should'nt you root for local teams? I live in Florida now. Im still an O's and Ravens fan.
steve
DSL Orioles

PostPost #4 by steve » February 6th, 2013, 2:50 pm

And Pelosi didnt attend Ravens parade. And she should stay in her office when our Ravens meet Mr Obama.
steve
DSL Orioles

Return to Baltimore Ravens