Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Should The Orioles Look Into Freddy Sanchez?

Should The Orioles Look Into Freddy Sanchez?

PostPost #1 by osforlife » January 27th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Still only thirty five years old, Freddy Sanchez was a dynamic player for years and a key contributor to the San Francisco Giants World Series run in 2010. Back injuries have kept him out of the game for a good part of 2011 and all of 2012, but I believe he is worth taking a look at. He is a free agent, and I haven't seen any reported interest on him. I think we could offer him a one year contract with an option, similar the to contracts David Aardsma and Juan Oviedo got from the Yankees and Rays, respectively. I am not sure how long it will take until his is back on the field, but he must be able to contribute in a semi-big way in 2014. My take on Jonathan Schoop is that he will take another two years until he becomes our everyday second basemen, so if we can get some playing time out of Sanchez in 2014 to bridge the gap until 2015, that'd be great.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 58

Re: Should The Orioles Look Into Freddy Sanchez?

PostPost #2 by Old Sneakers » January 27th, 2013, 2:02 pm

I would say "pass" not putting Sanchez down for what he was in the past. However in 2013 is our last with Brian Roberts. A player much like the one you just described. We need to move forward with healthy players that have some upside. Especially the position players.
Old Sneakers
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 32

Re: Should The Orioles Look Into Freddy Sanchez?

PostPost #3 by Seafordeagles » January 27th, 2013, 3:55 pm

Minor league deals are never a bad option.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

Return to Baltimore Orioles