Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Ravens 2012 Thread

Re: Ravens 2012 Thread

PostPost #16 by birdwatcher55 » November 16th, 2012, 2:55 pm

.. and our secondary has lost two starters. Where is Frank Walker when you need him????? :lol:
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #17 by birdwatcher55 » November 19th, 2012, 3:51 pm

Ugly win last night in Pittsburgh. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #18 by birdwatcher55 » November 22nd, 2012, 8:11 pm

Do we have anything left in the tank for San Diego??? 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #19 by Matt P » December 2nd, 2012, 5:26 pm

I really just don't think the Ravens will beat New England, Houston, or a Big Ben Steelers team in the playoffs.

They barely beat Leftwich with broken ribs and barely beat San Diego on that crazy 4th and 29 where Rice was clearly down before he crossed the line.

They just seem lucky to me, maybe it's a Baltimore thing lol.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #20 by Matt P » December 2nd, 2012, 7:43 pm

Look at today as a great example of why they have no shot at winning the Super Bowl. They lost at home against the Steelers 3rd string QB.

Colin Cowherd summed it up perfectly:
Colin Cowherd ‏@ESPN_Colin
Could Balt go into Pitt, beat Steelers and Big Ben w their back up qb ? Hell no. Why Balt is overrated and Pitt still SB contender.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #21 by birdwatcher55 » December 13th, 2012, 3:39 pm

Realistically the Ravens are going nowhere in their massive injured state. Check this out: 11 starters out or saw limited practice time Wednesday. Our defense is decimated right now. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #22 by birdwatcher55 » December 22nd, 2012, 10:08 am

A gentleman by the name of "Primetime" wrote this on the OH Ravens' discussion board. One of the best posts I've read in a long time on the current state of affairs on the Ravens:

"Unfortunately, we just haven't managed the salary cap well, which really has hamstrung our ability to be players for top free agents. Not that constantly making big splashes in free agency is the best way to build a team but it would be nice to have that lattitude from time to time. Instead, we're paying a fullback $4 mill and he barely plays, some vets on the defensive side are being paid for what they've done in the past, as opposed to what they're producing now and with a salary cap in place, you simpy cannot do that.

The other issue and this could be on the coaching staff but it also could be on the personnel folks, we constantly try to shove square pegs into round holes. The alignment of the offensive line and the refusal of Harbaugh to get McKinnie on the field is simply absurd and it's cost us games. McKinnie might be a bone head and he's not exactly a hard worker but even in those circumstances, he's far superior to Oher at LT. Last year, Big Mac was out of shape, barely with the team 10 days and he took the field on Opening Day last year and kept the Steelers pass rush at bay. If Harbaugh would get past whatever hang up he has, we could get McKinnie at LT, Oher back to RT and KO to LG. That would get everyone where they should be and get Jah Reid off the field because he clearly doesn't belong.

On defense, our personnel is 4-3 personnel, yet we continually line up Ngata as 5 technique DT and it's hurting his efficacy. He's much better when he's in a gap or directly over the guard. Pernell McPhee could excel as DE in a 4-3 alignment because his size plays better outside of the tackle, as opposed to lining up in the B gap. Also, considering our shortage of talent and bodies at LB, it would make more sense to be a base 4-3 team. "

8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #23 by birdwatcher55 » December 29th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Winning isn't important Sunday. Let's just come out of it healthy. Play the starters for one quarter and then go to the bench Harbs 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #24 by Matt P » December 30th, 2012, 1:47 am

Colts are a nice draw for the Ravens. They aren't nearly the same on the road as they are at home. Luck's first playoff game and it's on the road in a hostile environment. Ray Lewis will be back and while he may no longer be that good it will be an emotional lift. I think they should beat them by 10+ and will have some momentum going to Houston or Denver.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #25 by birdwatcher55 » January 1st, 2013, 8:12 pm

I'm not optimistic we're going to win Sunday. Luck and the Colts are on an emotional roll and we have been very up and down the last month and mostly down. I hope I'm wrong but I think the Ravens (and Harbaugh) are in trouble Sunday. You can laugh at me all you want but remember where you read this first if we lose 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #26 by Matt P » January 2nd, 2013, 9:29 pm

With Ray Lewis announcing his retirement I may have to put some $$ on the Ravens.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #27 by birdwatcher55 » January 4th, 2013, 2:44 pm

I would not bet on the Ravens. They've been way too inconsistent for my tastes this season and much of it has centered around poor coaching 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #28 by birdwatcher55 » January 13th, 2013, 10:51 am

I only have two words for Saturday: Simply Amazing!!! :D
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #29 by mikezpen » January 14th, 2013, 3:28 pm

I felt the Denver game was the key. That's the one the Ravens were supposed to lose. But if they won that, they'd go to the Super Bowl. I figured the Patriots w/beat Tx. handily and they did. Now, Ravens w/want revenge on New England. The Pats were supremely lucky to survive last year, and I just don't think they'll skate by this time, Brady or no Brady. We'll win, Sunday.

And the Super Bowl w/be a Harbaugh family affair.
mikezpen
DSL Orioles

PostPost #30 by birdwatcher55 » January 14th, 2013, 3:54 pm

I'd like to share your enthusiasm but my head tells me Brady and the Patriots will be very tough to beat on their home field again. I think considering the type of season it's been with the injuries, coaching changes and controversies and such, the Ravens have overachieved to reach this point. Whether they can continue, is open to debate. I will be rooting for them but at the same time I'm very realistic about the task the lies ahead. 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

PreviousNext

Return to Baltimore Ravens