Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Kevin Cowherd from Baltimore Sun on Orioles Offseason

Re: Kevin Cowherd from Baltimore Sun on Orioles Offseason

PostPost #16 by Seafordeagles » January 10th, 2013, 5:20 pm

ofahn wrote:
Perhaps the Orioles aren't the right team for you.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #17 by A_K » January 10th, 2013, 5:23 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:
I don't care about representing value. Hows about ole Peter losing money sometime. I have wanted crazy money spent for years. He used to, now he won't.

Nothing like making a splash, just ask those Angels and Dodgers fans.....

I'm confused. What point are you trying to make? Do you realize the Angels and Dodgers failed to make the playoffs after their big splashes of a year ago?

I recognize that fans find some cathartic value in claiming the team should sign any player at any price because Angelos is rich and they don't care about his finances. Personally I'm more interested in assessing the representative value of players given the league wide market, and deciding whether those players would be good investments for the Orioles given the team's realistic payroll range.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #18 by Seafordeagles » January 10th, 2013, 5:30 pm

A_K wrote:
I'm confused. What point are you trying to make? Do you realize the Angels and Dodgers failed to make the playoffs after their big splashes of a year ago?

I recognize that fans find some cathartic value in claiming the team should sign any player at any price because Angelos is rich and they don't care about his finances. Personally I'm more interested in assessing the representative value of players given the league wide market, and deciding whether those players would be good investments for the Orioles given the team's realistic payroll range.

Look I apologize to you if I said anything out of the way. My feelings are the Orioles are only a couple of players short and I feel they could have done more than what they have, "so far". I know there is still time to at least try to improve on last years roster. Right now they haven't.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

PostPost #19 by ofahn » January 10th, 2013, 5:55 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:My feelings are the Orioles are only a couple of players short and I feel they could have done more than what they have, "so far".

Why won't you accept that your opinions are dramatically different from those of the FO and a LOT of other fans? Getting mad and taking it out on members of this forum AREN'T going to change things. You took my suggestion that you reconsider your allegiance to the Orioles as some kind of dig, BUT you should know by now how this team operates and the budget they adhere to. Wishing and hoping (and getting mad) isn't going to change anything.

If you can't accept what the team is doing then you have honestly ask yourself if this is the right team for you. That's not a dig, it's a legitimate question.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #20 by A_K » January 10th, 2013, 7:05 pm

I don't necessarily agree that a fundamental disagreement with a team's personnel strategy should make a fan reconsider his allegiance. I've spent most of the last 10 years disagreeing with the Orioles' front office decisions.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

PostPost #21 by Seafordeagles » January 10th, 2013, 7:17 pm

A_K wrote:I don't necessarily agree that a fundamental disagreement with a team's personnel strategy should make a fan reconsider his allegiance. I've spent most of the last 10 years disagreeing with the Orioles' front office decisions.

Thank you for that post. That's my feelings exactly.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

PostPost #22 by Seafordeagles » January 10th, 2013, 7:21 pm

A_K wrote:I don't necessarily agree that a fundamental disagreement with a team's personnel strategy should make a fan reconsider his allegiance. I've spent most of the last 10 years disagreeing with the Orioles' front office decisions.

You put it in much better words then I could have.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles