Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Orioles Interested In Lance Berkman?

Re: Orioles Interested In Lance Berkman?

PostPost #16 by Jordan Tuwiner » January 5th, 2013, 2:31 pm

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/statu ... 0618039297

Sources: #Rangers finalizing agreement with Berkman. Deal expected to be one year. Vesting option possible.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #17 by ofahn » January 5th, 2013, 4:53 pm

If it's true that the rangers are offering him 11+M for this year I wouldn't have been interested. His health is a BIG risk.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #18 by osforlife » January 9th, 2013, 7:09 pm

Lance Berkman is a nice fit for the Rangers. Although I stuttered at the price, they needed somebody to fill their DH role. They need infield help too, because Profar and Olt should start the year in the minors, giving them the at-bats they need. I am suprised the Yankees didn't go after Lance Berkman.? They could use a DH too, so I could see them going after Morse. Although internally, the Yankees could probably get away with spot starts at DH from Derek Jeter, Mark Teixeira, and Kevin Youkillis, potenitally giving Eduardo Nunez and Russ Canzler time in the field until A-Rod comes back. Lance Berkman, as with any DH type, just isn't a fit for us. We have a very productive primary DH in Wilson Betemit, and our four in-house left-handed options should put up their side of the platoon fairly well.
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles