Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

What Prospect in the 20-40 Range Could Vault into the Top 10??

What Prospect in the 20-40 Range Could Vault into the Top 10??

PostPost #1 by birdwatcher55 » January 3rd, 2013, 2:55 pm

Just curious. I will defer this question to those in the know and mark it down for future referrence. Thanks 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

Re: What Prospect in the 20-40 Range Could Vault into the Top 10??

PostPost #2 by Jordan Tuwiner » January 5th, 2013, 2:59 pm

birdwatcher55 wrote:Just curious. I will defer this question to those in the know and mark it down for future referrence. Thanks 8-)

With good seasons next year, Webb, Vader, Esquivel, Narron, Ohlman, and Chalas could all vault into the top 20.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #3 by Shorebirdfan » January 5th, 2013, 11:37 pm

I'm going to put Webb and Ohlman at the top of this list. Both of them took large strides forward in 2012. Webb needs to prove himself at a higher level and continue to be an OBP machine. Ohlman needs to continue to see the defense move forward while building on the success he is seeing in the ABL.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #4 by Shorebirdfan » January 5th, 2013, 11:39 pm

Not sure where this one will fall on the current list, but the other player to watch this season is Adrian Marin. Only saw him a handful of times last season, but liked everything I saw. quick, great hands, above average range, solid at the plate.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 15

PostPost #5 by Jordan Tuwiner » January 6th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:Not sure where this one will fall on the current list, but the other player to watch this season is Adrian Marin. Only saw him a handful of times last season, but liked everything I saw. quick, great hands, above average range, solid at the plate.

Agreed. I am a big Adrian Marin fan. He's just a smart, well-rounded baseball player.
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 57

PostPost #6 by ofahn » January 6th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Jordan Tuwiner wrote:Agreed. I am a big Adrian Marin fan. He's just a smart, well-rounded baseball player.

SS with good glove and bat tools jump up prospect ranking charts VERY quickly. It will be interesting to see which level he's succeeding at when Hardy's contract expires at the end of the 2014 season.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

Return to Minor Leagues