Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #76 by Shorebirdfan » April 1st, 2011, 7:21 pm

Jordan wrote:Have a quick question for you guys:

Did you prefer the old forum style where the user info was in the top of the post, followed by the post or do you prefer how it is now with the user info to the left and the content on the right?

I start to feel like short posts don't work well with the way it is now, as there is a big blank area of gray under the post if it's just 1-3 lines. What do you think?


I'm fine with this way. Only looks funny on you guys with titles that are three lines long. LOL
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 559
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 15

Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #77 by Oriolefan88 » April 1st, 2011, 7:21 pm

That is how you capitilize the opportunity.....
User avatar
Oriolefan88
DSL Orioles
 
Posts: 74
Joined: March 2011
Location: Suffolk Va
Reputation Score: 0

Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #78 by DougDE » April 1st, 2011, 7:23 pm

I dont mind the forums the way they are now. Look good, I think. Well now it's in Jeremy's hands, just has to keep that rhythm
DougDE
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 376
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 5

Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #79 by DougDE » April 1st, 2011, 7:23 pm

My connection is apparently working okay now Jordan
DougDE
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 376
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 5

Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #80 by Oriolefan88 » April 1st, 2011, 7:24 pm

Forums look fine to me.Not sure how they used to look.but I like this
User avatar
Oriolefan88
DSL Orioles
 
Posts: 74
Joined: March 2011
Location: Suffolk Va
Reputation Score: 0

Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #81 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 1st, 2011, 7:24 pm

Shorebirdfan wrote:
Jordan wrote:Have a quick question for you guys:

Did you prefer the old forum style where the user info was in the top of the post, followed by the post or do you prefer how it is now with the user info to the left and the content on the right?

I start to feel like short posts don't work well with the way it is now, as there is a big blank area of gray under the post if it's just 1-3 lines. What do you think?


I'm fine with this way. Only looks funny on you guys with titles that are three lines long. LOL

Ha! That is true. I'll probably remove one of those ranks to clear up some of the space. Thanks for the input, Tim!
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #82 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 1st, 2011, 7:26 pm

Oriolefan88 wrote:Forums look fine to me.Not sure how they used to look.but I like this

DougDE wrote:I dont mind the forums the way they are now. Look good, I think. Well now it's in Jeremy's hands, just has to keep that rhythm

Thanks for the feedback!
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #83 by Don » April 1st, 2011, 7:26 pm

It pays to work counts because guy can only repeat and maintain command. J.J Hardy is a great 9 hole guy for the front. I will still say the most impressive batter that last inning was Markakis. He simply did not look for the hit and wanted to take the rider to deep center simply to bring a run home. The productive outs are how teams win games.
User avatar
Don
Orioles Nation Staff
Director of Scouting
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 699
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 25

Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #84 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 1st, 2011, 7:27 pm

DougDE wrote:My connection is apparently working okay now Jordan

Good to hear. I believe the problems earlier were on GoDaddy's end and not yours. I upgraded our hosting so hopefully we won't see connection problems again.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #85 by Jordan Tuwiner » April 1st, 2011, 7:29 pm

Don wrote:It pays to work counts because guy can only repeat and maintain command. J.J Hardy is a great 9 hole guy for the front. I will still say the most impressive batter that last inning was Markakis. He simply did not look for the hit and wanted to take the rider to deep center simply to bring a run home. The productive outs are how teams win games.

Well put Don. Showalter has said many times it's just the little things the Orioles need to do in order to be successful. Moving runners over, sac flies etc., are a good place to start. Well done, Nick.
User avatar
Jordan Tuwiner
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 2588
Joined: September 2010
Location: Israel
Reputation Score: 57



Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #86 by ShowalterPower » April 1st, 2011, 7:30 pm

Price is sitting at 85 pitches. If they work him next inning maybe he's out of the game after the sixth. Could be a huge boost.
ShowalterPower
DSL Orioles
 
Posts: 41
Joined: January 2011
Reputation Score: 0

Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #87 by BuckMagic » April 1st, 2011, 7:31 pm

I do not like the way Adam Jones has played AT ALL. No patience and swinging at everything.
User avatar
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 323
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 5

Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #88 by DougDE » April 1st, 2011, 7:31 pm

Jonsey is free swinging today. I hope he doesnt pick up any bad habits watching Vlad
DougDE
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 376
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 5

Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #89 by Shorebirdfan » April 1st, 2011, 7:32 pm

OK now that we've added Vlad, Lee and Reynolds, and don't need Jones to provide power, can we please dump this kid? Overrated, potential cancer for the club.
Shorebirdfan
GCL Orioles
 
Posts: 559
Joined: September 2010
Reputation Score: 15

Re: Game 1: Orioles @ Rays - 4/1/2011

PostPost #90 by TheBuckStopsHere » April 1st, 2011, 7:32 pm

Anyone else notice the base coaches sporting the cartoon bird?
TheBuckStopsHere
DSL Orioles
 
Posts: 9
Joined: April 2011
Reputation Score: 0


PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron