Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Best and worst Baltimore Orioles moments of 2012

Best and worst Baltimore Orioles moments of 2012

PostPost #1 by BaltimoreSportsNut » December 27th, 2012, 3:54 pm

I was posed a great question by some Orioles fans the other day, what was the best and worst moments for the Orioles in 2012?

I answered with:

Best - The 17 inning marathon in Boston will be a game I will never forget, Chris Davis throwing two shutout innings in relief (and throwing 90+ MPH in the process) and both teams finishing the game with position players pitching. This game also showcased what the 2012 Orioles were all about, never give up no matter who is out there!

Worst - When the review of Nate McLouth's foul ball in game five of the ALDS was ruled just that, a foul ball instead of a home run. That seemed to take the wind out of the sails of Orioles fans in that game as CC was dealing and runs were not going to come easy.

What are your best and worst moments for the 2012 Baltimore Orioles?
BaltimoreSportsNut
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

Re: Best and worst Baltimore Orioles moments of 2012

PostPost #2 by Seafordeagles » December 27th, 2012, 7:15 pm

My worst moment was when that fat slob hit Markakis and then complained vehemently that it was a foul ball. I never did see or read about an apology.
Seafordeagles
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 18

PostPost #3 by Matt P » December 28th, 2012, 2:03 am

Best - playoffs
Worst - blowing multiple leads vs Oakland on a Friday night game
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #4 by BaltimoreSportsNut » December 28th, 2012, 7:04 am

Matt P wrote:Worst - blowing multiple leads vs Oakland on a Friday night game

That was definitely a brutal moment, and hurt our chances of winning the division.
BaltimoreSportsNut
DSL Orioles

PostPost #5 by ofahn » December 28th, 2012, 12:40 pm

Best - The May 6th 17 inning game against the Red Sox. I just KNEW that this season was going to be different and we would probably break the streak of losing seasons.

Worst - Watching Nick come off the field, holding his hand, and knowing in my heart that he wouldn't be able to play in the post season. If anyone deserved to be in the post season lineup it was him.
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 85

PostPost #6 by BaltimoreSportsNut » December 28th, 2012, 3:32 pm

ofahn wrote:Best - The May 6th 17 inning game against the Red Sox. I just KNEW that this season was going to be different and we would probably break the streak of losing seasons.

Worst - Watching Nick come off the field, holding his hand, and knowing in my heart that he wouldn't be able to play in the post season. If anyone deserved to be in the post season lineup it was him.

Both are great answers, and I am with you, no one, and I mean no one on the Baltimore Orioles deserved to be able to play in the postseason more than Markakis, hopefully he will get that chance this season!
BaltimoreSportsNut
DSL Orioles

PostPost #7 by osforlife » December 28th, 2012, 4:57 pm

Best- September 6th was truly an awesome game
Worst- Watching Raul's heriocs in Game 3 of the ALCS
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 59

PostPost #8 by A_K » December 28th, 2012, 5:04 pm

Best was the play-in game against Texas. Hard to recall a time I was quite that euphoric. Only time something other than alcohol drove me to text sappy emotional messages to friends and family.

Worst was that bastard Ibanez, whose name I'll curse from here to my grave.
A_K
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 43

Return to Baltimore Orioles