Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Cubs sign Edwin Jackson

Re: Cubs sign Edwin Jackson

PostPost #16 by ofahn » December 23rd, 2012, 7:06 pm

osforlife wrote:The Rays could be a fit but I think the Rays will:
1. re-sign Luke Scott to be their everyday DH
2. hand Brandon Guyer their everyday CF job, at least until Myers come up


If the Rays need Soriano to play in the field on a regular basis it will only be because a disaster of Biblical proportions befell them. He would be their DH.

I REALLY doubt that Tampa will trust their season to Luke Scott again. He'll be lucky to find a team willing to offer him a minor league deal.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Cubs sign Edwin Jackson

PostPost #17 by osforlife » December 23rd, 2012, 7:13 pm

ofahn wrote:
If the Rays need Soriano to play in the field on a regular basis it will only be because a disaster of Biblical proportions befell them. He would be their DH.

I REALLY doubt that Tampa will trust their season to Luke Scott again. He'll be lucky to find a team willing to offer him a minor league deal.

He would come really cheap and I don't think his shoulder was fully healthy last year. I only mentioned Guyer would play in center because Guyer could be their DH
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Cubs sign Edwin Jackson

PostPost #18 by ofahn » December 23rd, 2012, 7:32 pm

osforlife wrote:He would come really cheap and I don't think his shoulder was fully healthy last year.


With the loss of Upton, Pena, Scott, and Shields the Rays HAVE some money to spend this winter so cheap isn't as important for them as it has been. IMO they have too good a team to risk their need for production at DH on Luke Scott when they can afford better.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Cubs sign Edwin Jackson

PostPost #19 by osforlife » December 23rd, 2012, 8:33 pm

A healthy Luke Scott > A healthy Alfonso Soriano
Cheaper > More expensive.
If Luke Scott is deemed healthy, I can legitimately see the Rays signing him.
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Cubs sign Edwin Jackson

PostPost #20 by ofahn » December 23rd, 2012, 9:07 pm

osforlife wrote:If Luke Scott is deemed healthy, I can legitimately see the Rays signing him.


I honestly doubt it.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Cubs sign Edwin Jackson

PostPost #21 by osforlife » December 24th, 2012, 2:38 pm

ofahn wrote:
I honestly doubt it.

I'd say it is more of a possibility than trading for Alfonso Soriano. Merry Christmas!
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Cubs sign Edwin Jackson

PostPost #22 by ofahn » December 24th, 2012, 2:45 pm

osforlife wrote:I'd say it is more of a possibility than trading for Alfonso Soriano. Merry Christmas!


I'll bet a you a good deed (you - cut someone's yard or help an elderly person, etc; me - a donation to Make A Wish) that Soriano is Tampa's DH instead of Scott. If we're both wrong we both do the good deed. Fair enough?

Merry Christmas to you too.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85

Re: Cubs sign Edwin Jackson

PostPost #23 by osforlife » December 24th, 2012, 4:56 pm

ofahn wrote:
I'll bet a you a good deed (you - cut someone's yard or help an elderly person, etc; me - a donation to Make A Wish) that Soriano is Tampa's DH instead of Scott. If we're both wrong we both do the good deed. Fair enough?

Merry Christmas to you too.

Lol sure!
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Cubs sign Edwin Jackson

PostPost #24 by osforlife » January 24th, 2013, 3:13 pm

ofahn wrote:
I'll bet a you a good deed (you - cut someone's yard or help an elderly person, etc; me - a donation to Make A Wish) that Soriano is Tampa's DH instead of Scott. If we're both wrong we both do the good deed. Fair enough?

Merry Christmas to you too.

The Rays just re-signed Luke Scott.
User avatar
osforlife
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 1629
Joined: October 2011
Location: Southern Maryland
Reputation Score: 59

Re: Cubs sign Edwin Jackson

PostPost #25 by ofahn » January 24th, 2013, 3:20 pm

osforlife wrote:The Rays just re-signed Luke Scott.


Saw that too, BUT let's wait until we see the 25 man roster on opening day.
User avatar
ofahn
Aberdeen IronBirds
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: May 2011
Reputation Score: 85


Previous

Return to Around the Majors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests