Welcome to the Orioles Nation Forums! Like most online communities, you must register to post on our message board. However, posting is free--it always will be--and registration is a simple process. Become part of the growing Orioles Nation community and register now!

Why do so many people seem to want Mark Trumbo?

Re: Why do so many people seem to want Mark Trumbo?

PostPost #16 by BaltimoreSportsNut » December 19th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Seafordeagles wrote:

He made the All Star team last year picked by the coach. Wow, you don't think he's a good player? He's not even in his prime years yet. This guy would make a HUGE and CHEAP difference in the middle of that lineup.

Let's see Reynolds or Trumbo, I've made my choice.

He would certainly make a difference, I would not deny that, and his power numbers may increase here. But, keep in mind he is arbitration eligible the next three season, so if the Orioles did not sign him to a deal, he would get more expensive every year.
BaltimoreSportsNut
DSL Orioles

Reputation Score: 0

PostPost #17 by Matt P » December 20th, 2012, 12:56 am

Seafordeagles wrote:

He made the All Star team last year picked by the coach. Wow, you don't think he's a good player? He's not even in his prime years yet. This guy would make a HUGE and CHEAP difference in the middle of that lineup.

Let's see Reynolds or Trumbo, I've made my choice.

2011 - .254/.291/.477, 29 HR, 31 2B, 120 K, 25 BB
2012 - .268/.317/.491, 32 HR, 19 2B, 153 K, 36 BB

Please, explain to me how that player who is also a bad defensive player is a good player. I knew someone would bring up Reynolds. Reynolds had just as much power and got on base much more yet everyone hated him. I don't see how replacing him with someone who is not as good a player is a middle of the lineup hitter.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 37

PostPost #18 by Matt P » December 20th, 2012, 12:58 am

docjj wrote:Got to say no to this guy. Although I'll admit he makes a younger, cheaper version of the guy he essentially would replace- Mark Reynolds. Loads of power, loads of nothing else. Pass.

Reynolds can take a walk and he displayed an ability to at the very least be a fine defensive 1B, two things Trumbo cannot do. He may replace Reynolds' HR's but there is no doubt in my mind that Reynolds is the better and more valuable player.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #19 by dan72 » December 20th, 2012, 7:42 am

I have not heard any news about the Angels wanting to deal him. He is a fan favorite all around baseball. You don't have to be an Angels fan to appreciate Trumbo. Selfishly I would love to see him in Orange and Black but it will never happen. The salary he would demand would not be something the Orioles would be willing to pay. Trumbo equals revenue for ownership ie. fans in seats.........
dan72
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #20 by BuckMagic » December 20th, 2012, 1:45 pm

dan72 wrote:I have not heard any news about the Angels wanting to deal him. He is a fan favorite all around baseball. You don't have to be an Angels fan to appreciate Trumbo. Selfishly I would love to see him in Orange and Black but it will never happen. The salary he would demand would not be something the Orioles would be willing to pay. Trumbo equals revenue for ownership ie. fans in seats.........

What salary?! He is under contract for the next 4 years...

He would be nice to have...not for the price the Angels want.
BuckMagic
GCL Orioles

Reputation Score: 5

PostPost #21 by Matt P » December 21st, 2012, 5:36 am

BuckMagic wrote:What salary?! He is under contract for the next 4 years...

He would be nice to have...not for the price the Angels want.

Arbitration eligible next year I believe.
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #22 by Matt P » December 21st, 2012, 5:36 am

dan72 wrote:I have not heard any news about the Angels wanting to deal him. He is a fan favorite all around baseball. You don't have to be an Angels fan to appreciate Trumbo. Selfishly I would love to see him in Orange and Black but it will never happen. The salary he would demand would not be something the Orioles would be willing to pay. Trumbo equals revenue for ownership ie. fans in seats.........

What makes him a house hold name and why do you selfishly want him?
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

PostPost #23 by birdwatcher55 » December 21st, 2012, 7:29 am

There is not a team in baeball that wouldn't want Trumbo. Forget the stats, this guy has meaningful ABs and delivers big hits. Those are the kind of players I want in my lineup 8-)
birdwatcher55
Aberdeen IronBirds

Reputation Score: 11

PostPost #24 by Matt P » December 22nd, 2012, 1:53 am

birdwatcher55 wrote:There is not a team in baeball that wouldn't want Trumbo. Forget the stats, this guy has meaningful ABs and delivers big hits. Those are the kind of players I want in my lineup 8-)

Is anyone that wants Trumbo going to bring any evidence to the table?
Matt P
Aberdeen IronBirds

Previous

Return to Baltimore Orioles